Bronco Sport Payload for over landing and upgrading?

dh3117

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Currently torn between upgrading to the flat out suspension with overload springs to accommodate a roof top tent and a vehicle loaded with gear or trading the BS in for an LR4 or Defender 110. If anyone has owned an LR4 before and could offer pros and cons in regards to the BS that would be great! Love the BS but find myself needing something with higher weight capacity for longer trips.
Sponsored

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
If you are needing to carry heavier loads you should probably get a bigger vehicle. I am assume you know that changing the springs/suspension does not increase your GVWR, they just take the sag away? RR's are nice vehicles but have heard that parts break often, and the parts are expensive.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
The Big Bend has a payload capacity of 1,170 lbs. If you need extra room put a luggage box on top and a hitch carrier on the back. Pretty versatile.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
The Big Bend has a payload capacity of 1,170 lbs. [...]
That's misleading. The Big Bend has a theoretical maximum possible payload of 1,170. An actual Big Bend that rolls off the line will have less than that. (Available) Payload is vehicle-specific and depends on the options on that vehicle. Every vehicle has a unique payload capacity and it's located on the door jamb sticker on the driver side.

With a BS, it's probably closer to the theoretical. But on trucks, many people have been duped by this marketing number (which is based on a 2WD, bare bones unicorn). They think they're getting a capable truck only to find out that it's not.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Unless you're overlanding with 4 people, or 2 really big boys, with a little restraint you can fit everything you need into a Sport. I used to camp and haul a john boat on my Carmen Ghia. I still backpack, so I can go light if I need to. My Badlands payload is only 45 lbs. less than advertised. I can take the Superduty if I really need more payload capacity, but I usually just pull my utility trailer because the Sport gets much better mileage.
Sponsored