OffTheGrid

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
it also doesn’t have a limitless gas tank. How far can it make it up Mt Everest is yet to be determined. All great points ?
Try, if your capable, to think of situations where when this happens could be very bad.

Yeah can see you've never really been off the pavement much.

OffTheGrid

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Try to consider this perspective that there is going to be a lot of people who are going to buy this vehicle that says
4 x 4 on the window sticker and take it out to the dirt
Wherever they're going, sandblast for the day with it, only to exceed the vehicle's capabilities to experience going into limp mode.

That in itself is going to startle a lot of people.
That is the point I am making.

I have off-roading experience with multiple different vehicles. Exploring this vehicle as an option. So I'm glad to do my research and find out about its limitations. It has a lot of fantastic features yet need to consider all the features mechanics included.

For the vast majority of people they will not do research even not reading this website. If you're okay with that feature and it works for you then great!
However there are going to be people that will know nothing about this and are going to experience something they did not realize will happen.

We have no idea how many times this vehicle would shut down.
if I were to take it out one day would it shut down three four or five times in the day? is that too much? would I be destroying the vehicle?
These are unknown

This isnt about being worried or bashing the Bronco Sport!
It is about seriously considering the right vehicle for the job!

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
From Fords view...The bronco sport is to get you to the sand dunes. The bronco is to play in the sand dunes. From my view...The bronco sport is to get my RZR and myself to the dunes. The RZR is to play in the dunes. If you are talking snow it's a different story. I would like to know if anybody has had trouble driving with overheating when driving two to three hours in heavy snow conditions. I could see that as being a bigger issue.

OffTheGrid

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
From Fords view...The bronco sport is to get you to the sand dunes. The bronco is to play in the sand dunes. From my view...The bronco sport is to get my RZR and myself to the dunes. The RZR is to play in the dunes. If you are talking snow it's a different story. I would like to know if anybody has had trouble driving with overheating when driving two to three hours in heavy snow conditions. I could see that as being a bigger issue.
?

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
What’s the towing weight of a side by side like that and trailer?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
From Fords view...The bronco sport is to get you to the sand dunes. The bronco is to play in the sand dunes. From my view...The bronco sport is to get my RZR and myself to the dunes. The RZR is to play in the dunes.
I live in a mountainous area with a lot of off-road recreational activity. While Jeeps and other 4x4's are still popular, many are moving to side-by-sides (RZR's) for the offroad stuff. Easier to maintain, easy to customize, easy to replace bodywork, and so on. This certainly seems to work in the eastern mountains, where distances are less than the western states.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
What’s the towing weight of a side by side like that and trailer?
I have 2017 Polaris RZR 900 XC Edition Black Pearl | Polaris RZR accessories 150. and the TK1 Trike Trailer | Motorcycle Trailers (alumaklm.com) maybe 400( I can lift one side empty ) ... its a smaller RZR and I think it will be about 1800 total. Add some gas and you are right at the 2000lbs. The RXR has a tow rating of 1500 almost as much as the BS. If you want honest open air four wheeling get a RZR.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I live in a mountainous area with a lot of off-road recreational activity. While Jeeps and other 4x4's are still popular, many are moving to side-by-sides (RZR's) for the offroad stuff. Easier to maintain, easy to customize, easy to replace bodywork, and so on. This certainly seems to work in the eastern mountains, where distances are less than the western states.
I live in Red River Valley, and I do crop runs weekly sending pics to various relatives etc. I look for the most difficult way to get to some pretty remote fields. I can tell you it's a blast. I have trailered it across the state to run around the Theodore Roosevelt park area and the national grass lands...and again a total blast. Dollar for fun...best investment I ever made.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I live in Red River Valley, and I do crop runs weekly sending pics to various relatives etc. I look for the most difficult way to get to some pretty remote fields. I can tell you it's a blast. I have trailered it across the state to run around the Theodore Roosevelt park area and the national grass lands...and again a total blast. Dollar for fun...best investment I ever made.
My next door neighbor has a 1000 Turbo. Really nice, but easily in the Sport Badlands price range with all of the customization he's done. Super capable.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
My next door neighbor has a 1000 Turbo. Really nice, but easily in the Sport Badlands price range with all of the customization he's done. Super capable.
You get into the turbos and some of the High Performance versions and you are so right. Plus they quickly get heavier. My little XC is 75hp not 175hp like some of the newer bigger models. But that 75hp can get to 65mph and push through a lot of mud, dirt and weeds. Have you looked at some of the new ones...you literally have to climb up into them. Your also not pulling them with a BS!. Those V8 sounds would have to be real to pull them. A friend of mine spent 28K for a desert racing version. It literally is twice the size of mine.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
They have an EXTENSIVE UTV trail system in the Everglades in big cypress. Hundreds of miles of trails only accessible by permitted UTVs. It looks incredible - may have to find a used one.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I just moved out to the Western Sierras but in the past couple months I've been up in the mountains I've seen a bunch of them. They're pretty popular out here also.