Bronco Sport Overheating when Offroad?

BroncoKong 64

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Bronco
crossovers aren’t defined as unibody. And suvs aren’t defined as body on frame. That’s your definition
Me and the rest of the automotive enthusiast community. A lot of people call almost anything that looks like an SUV an SUV. Even automakers occasionally blur the lines. But I'll stick with the traditional definitions for simplicity's sake.

I too have google, and I'm pretty sure if you search for the differences between a crossover and an SUV, the same thing will keep popping up: ladder frame vs unibody.

What's your made-up definition?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
It is an important engineering discipline to not lose objectivity when performing technical reviews, especially if there is an emotional component.

That's what makes it difficult for some to remain objective about a prized object when there are less than stellar reviews. They feel their prize is being threatened and needs to be defended, even at the risk of impartiality

I'm not saying that this has happened on this forum, but I have seen it many times and it is a real phenomenon.

I could say that there is that risk with the Sport, as Ford has represented it as "rugged, capable" with videos to prove it.

There are some valid technical concerns that were rightly forwarded by the reviewers based on their experiences with the vehicle. I am thankful for their objectivity. The overall consensus is that Ford has a winner with the Bronco Sport. That said, we shouldn't whitewash and cherry-pick the reviews by ignoring any concerns they had. That would be a disservice to the forum and potential buyers. In Cylone Cowboy's, case, for instance, it becomes a health and safety issue.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I'm likely to go back to looking at pick-ups. As noted before, I'm on a tight deadline and I won't have a lot of time to evaluate a first production year vehicle before then. As I pointed out before, even the crash testing is not completed. I'm not pulling the plug yet, just looking at options. If the Ford Raptor Ranger was a reality, it might fit the bill, but I think Ford is delaying other off-road vehicles right now so they don't compete with the Broncos.

SkyHigh98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CRV
I'm likely to go back to looking at pick-ups. As noted before, I'm on a tight deadline and I won't have a lot of time to evaluate a first production year vehicle before then. As I pointed out before, even the crash testing is not completed. I'm not pulling the plug yet, just looking at options. If the Ford Raptor Ranger was a reality, it might fit the bill, but I think Ford is delaying other off-road vehicles right now so they don't compete with the Broncos.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Overheating when Offroad? 1607559789911

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Man, you should take a look at the new f150 tremor. It sure does look sweet! Don’t think it will be on sale by the time you wanna buy though. If it could fit in my garage, it would probably be my next vehicle.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Overheating when Offroad? 2021-Ford-F-150-Tremor-21

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Very interesting. Thanks! This vehicle hits all of the marks. They also make a blacked out edition with those brass rims. Reviews were A+ with good handling and good acceleration. Not sure when the 2021's will be out. With COVID getting worse and worse, I'm thinking all new vehicles will be delayed until the summer (or later) of next year.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Man, you should take a look at the new f150 tremor. It sure does look sweet! Don’t think it will be on sale by the time you wanna buy though. If it could fit in my garage, it would probably be my next vehicle.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Overheating when Offroad? 2021-Ford-F-150-Tremor-21
Hard to tell what Ford will be doing next year. They seem laser-focused on the Broncos. The Ranger Raptor was an option but I'll have to move to India to buy one since they are only being released there in the near future.

SkyHigh98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CRV
Very interesting. Thanks! This vehicle hits all of the marks. They also make a blacked out edition with those brass rims. Reviews were A+ with good handling and good acceleration. Not sure when the 2021's will be out. With COVID getting worse and worse, I'm thinking all new vehicles will be delayed until the summer (or later) of next year.
?
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Overheating when Offroad? 1607567845458

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hard to tell what Ford will be doing next year. They seem laser-focused on the Broncos. The Ranger Raptor was an option but I'll have to move to India to buy one since they are only being released there in the near future.
You can get a ranger tremor (it slots between fx4 and raptor) for 2021.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Overheating when Offroad? ford-ranger-tremor-xlt-and-lariat-102-1600039956

The next gen ranger comes out as a 2023 model year (I think) and it should bring the raptor here as well.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
You can get a ranger tremor (it slots between fx4 and raptor) for 2021.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Overheating when Offroad? ford-ranger-tremor-xlt-and-lariat-102-1600039956

The next gen ranger comes out as a 2023 model year (I think) and it should bring the raptor here as well.
Can't wait that long. I don't believe the Tremor packages will be available until the summer or later, possibly fall given the COVID situation.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
For what it’s worth, I don’t recall any of the Rebelle Rally teams reporting any over-heating issues with their Badlands trims. You’d think that environment would really test the Bronco Sport off-road capabilities. ?

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yah, saw what was going on yesterday and didn’t remember until today about the Rebelle Rally. Last comment in that thread was a comment about no apparent over-heating issues.

had yer back brother.... just a tad late to the game! ?
Sponsored