First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Hi Guys,

My first post so please stay with me.
Background: I am a Brit living in Texas for 2 years (after 8 years in Rio) so my credit rating is not great by any means.

I fell in love with the new big Bronco as soon as I saw it but not realistic for me financially right now. I got a 2018 2.0 escape as soon as I arrived in USA and it served me well, had 30k miles on it and I took it to 63k but with absolute care.

Nearly paid off so my idea was to keep it and then save for a Bronco in 2 years or so. Unfortunately (or fortunately :) ) my hand was forced as Transmission went last week 3k miles out of warranty (unbelievable as engine and interior amazing - checked the recall - nothing) so I sold for a fair price in the end.

Then went through all sorts of thought process - new or old - market at that moment etc and decided a new car is best - why not a bronco sport as I love too.
To cut a long story short I have an opportunity to buy a new cactus grey outer banks with moonroof, O&B package etc at MSRP with 6k down at 3.99% apr (unreal with my credit rating being here 2 years but my man managed it) - Iā€™m sold. I can pick up tomorrow.

Then today my mate sent me a Chevy trailblazer link - new and like $27k with leather trim etc, same bits. Not sure they could get me same APR but defo more affordable if so.
I read a few reviews and I know Iā€™m in the wrong group to ask which is better but can someone convince my sensible conscience otherwise and I should eat bread for dinner for few months and go with the outer banks! ???
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Rebuilt Tranny is less expensive than any new Vehicle & you can save up or order the Bronco you want , tough call . You will find we are kinda partial to the Bronco Sport .

sentient64

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, Mini Cooper S, Bronco Sport
Hi Guys,

Background: I am a Brit living in Texas for 2 years (after 8 years in Rio) so my credit rating is not great by any means.

I fell in love with the new big Bronco as soon as I saw it but not realistic for me financially right now. I got a 2018 2.0 escape as soon as I arrived in USA and it served me well, had 30k miles on it and I took it to 63k but with absolute care.

Nearly paid off so my idea was to keep it and then save for a Bronco in 2 years or so. Unfortunately (or fortunately :) ) my hand was forced as Transmission went last week 3k miles out of warranty (unbelievable as engine and interior amazing - checked the recall - nothing) so I sold for a fair price in the end.

Then went through all sorts of thought process - new or old - market at that moment etc and decided a new car is best - why not a bronco sport as I love too.
To cut a long story short I have an opportunity to buy a new cactus grey outer banks with moonroof, O&B package etc at MSRP with 6k down at 3.99% apr (unreal with my credit rating being here 2 years but my man managed it) - Iā€™m sold. I can pick up tomorrow.

Then today my mate sent me a Chevy trailblazer link - new and like $27k with leather trim etc, same bits. Not sure they could get me same APR but defo more affordable if so.
I read a few reviews and I know Iā€™m in the wrong group to ask which is better but can someone convince my sensible conscience otherwise and I should eat bread for dinner for few months and go with the outer banks! ???
We bought a 2021 Trailblazer LT with the entertainment package first as me and the wife didn't know about the sport at the time. We ended up not liking it after a few months. The road noise was horrible and there was not enough travel in the suspension for the roads in our area. We were constantly extending the shocks to the max leading to a horrible sounding clunk. We also didn't care for Chevy's "active steering assist" that could not be turned off and made me feel like I was going to end up crashing into something during a turn. We liked the infotainment setup much more in the Trailblazer than the bronco sport, but the ride, shape, and upgrade in interior feel along with more storage space in the back led us to trading it in on our Outer Banks.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hi Guys,

If you can, drive them both and pick what you like. Also look at what each vehicle offers and which would best meet your needs. Of course we are all partial to the BS here, but IMHO you should always choose a vehicle that best meets your needs when you look at everything the vehicle has. If you want an offroader, compare that, if you are a daily driver in certain conditions, compare that. If you travel alot (highway etc) compare that. IF you really really want a FS Bronco then save for that. The bottom line is we are all different and we chose what fits our lifestyle and desires and then we set the goal to get that. No one should tell you what to buy as that is a very individual decision. Vehicles that some love, others hate.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Hi Guys,

The Trailblazer is a nice enough vehicle. It is smaller than the Bronco Sport though. It is the same length but cargo volume is down 10 cu ft and it is about 500 pounds lighter. It weighs about as much as a Honda Civic. It also has less horsepower than a civic and is probably pretty slow. Style wise it isn't ugly but it does not stand out at all. That is why I like the Bronco Sport. There are a lot of good suv's in this category for sure. We had a CR-V (Compact while BS and TB are technically subcompact) before our Passport and it was a good car but again kind of boring. Everyone has an opinion but I think the Bronco Sport just just cool looking and a big reason why I am getting one.

sentient64

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, Mini Cooper S, Bronco Sport
The Trailblazer is a nice enough vehicle. It is smaller than the Bronco Sport though. It is the same length but cargo volume is down 10 cu ft and it is about 500 pounds lighter. It weighs about as much as a Honda Civic. It also has less horsepower than a civic and is probably pretty slow. Style wise it isn't ugly but it does not stand out at all. That is why I like the Bronco Sport. There are a lot of good suv's in this category for sure. We had a CR-V (Compact while BS and TB are technically subcompact) before our Passport and it was a good car but again kind of boring. Everyone has an opinion but I think the Bronco Sport just just cool looking and a big reason why I am getting one.
Having owned both I can attest that that Bronco Sport feels like it has more power. And that's comparing the 1.5 Ford 3 cyl to the 1.3 Chevy 3 cyl of the trailblazer. Sport mode in the Sport actually feels like it does something where with the Trailblazer I really couldn't tell what was different. We had better mileage with the Trailblazer, about 29-30 avg, where the Bronco over the past couple months we've had it has been averaging about 25-26. The majority of our driving is within city limits. For us, my wife, our 3 kids, and me the Sport actually has more room than the Trailblazer did and coupled with the larger rear storage it was a game changer.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi Guys,

Buy the Ford, if you don't like it, sounds like a unicorn with the moonroof, CarMax or carvana would pay top dollar for it.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Buy the Ford, if you don't like it, sounds like a unicorn with the moonroof, CarMax or carvana would pay top dollar for it.
The way the market is today that's so true. I had a OBX for about a 1.5 months, found a BL and sold the OBX for $5k more than I paid for it to Carmax. So realistically that is an option that might pay off for you.

OP
OP

Jonesy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Thanks for all your comments
Guys. I picked up the outer banks today (actually it was without moonroof but still MSRP) - so happy, love it.

B&0 sound system is good but not totally blown away - everything else I love. Going to take it up to the Texas Hill Country next weekend - hopefully have some fun.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks - should I? 9A3A5ACA-C29B-4507-87A4-913621D149F4

mla

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Ģ¶0Ģ¶0Ģ¶5Ģ¶ FĢ¶oĢ¶rĢ¶dĢ¶ EĢ¶sĢ¶cĢ¶aĢ¶pĢ¶eĢ¶
Guys. I picked up the outer banks today (actually it was without moonroof but still MSRP) - so happy, love it.

B&0 sound system is good but not totally blown away - everything else I love. Going to take it up to the Texas Hill Country next weekend - hopefully have some fun.
Congrats. Your story is so similar to mine. Also lost a transmission on our Tribute/Escape. We replaced it though (~4k). Got another 60k on it but began having starting trouble that no one could fix.

Was hoping to hold off until we could do a big Bronco, but finally pulled the trigger and went with the exact same OB you have there (same color, no moon roof).

Picked ours up Wednesday.

Loving ours too. If I had my druthers, I *might* have switched to the BL, but still very happy with the OB so far.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks - should I? 9A3A5ACA-C29B-4507-87A4-913621D149F4
Looks just like my old OBX, Cactus Gray is a great color. Enjoy.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Congrats and enjoy

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hi Guys,

If you really like the Bronco Sport in general then you might look into the Big Bend or base model. That will save you some money in comparison to the Outer Banks. We ended up with an Outer Banks based on what was available at the time. I originally planned on the Big Bend but could not find one.

BroncoBear

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
The way the market is today that's so true. I had a OBX for about a 1.5 months, found a BL and sold the OBX for $5k more than I paid for it to Carmax. So realistically that is an option that might pay off for you.
I don't understand how Carmax (or anyone else) would pay that much for a car that isn't all that difficult to get these days.

I just picked up my Sport Outer Banks about 10 days ago. I started browsing for a new car just one or two days prior to that while laying in bed one night trying to fall asleep. I found one at a nearby dealer, loaded with everything I wanted, and went for a test drive the next afternoon.

Both my wife and I loved it, so we bought it right there on the spot. No waiting, no ridiculous markups on top of MSRP, and no hassles.

I've been reading various threads on this forum, and I'm shocked at the number of people who've been waiting months (or sometimes even a full year) to get their Bronco Sport.

Pretty much every Ford dealer that I've driven past in the last few days have all been well-stocked with various Bronco Sport models. There's definitely no shortage of them here in the Toronto area.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
Jonesyā€¦you will love itā€¦we have over 16,000 miles on it and it still attracts attention just about every where we go
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks - should I? 29C2C2A1-E8D7-4E2A-BC8E-DEBA84D8E03D
Sponsored