Bronco Sport Conquering Off Road Trails in Colorado

D-Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Honda S2000
Just wanted to hear from anyone what kinds of trails they have crushed with their Bronco Sport?
How far have you tested the limits? ?

So Far I have done Bard Creek and Oh My God Road in Empire, and Fall River Road to the reservoir in Idaho Springs.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Conquering Off Road Trails in Colorado 9ADB7FA8-51DF-45CF-B756-F190B67897F4
Sponsored

OP
OP
D-Man

D-Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Poll Hill near Estes Park, CO. Was a fun challenge on the initial climb up in my OB!

Wow, nice video! Its great seeing what the Bronco Sport can do! Stock OB other than wheels and tires? What are those wheels and tires? Is that noise the tires or a BOV?

I will have to hit up that trail for sure!

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Nice area in Pagosa! Any trouble getting up the upper rocky parts of the trail?
We got as far as the big river crossing, which was too deep and fast to chance it alone. No issues otherwise!

mindleak

Outer Banks
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Poll Hill near Estes Park, CO. Was a fun challenge on the initial climb up in my OB!

That's awesome! Is that sound when you let off the throttle the turbo blowing off? I love it! lol

Chasepoirier

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Wow, nice video! Its great seeing what the Bronco Sport can do! Stock OB other than wheels and tires? What are those wheels and tires? Is that noise the tires or a BOV?

I will have to hit up that trail for sure!
Thanks! I’ve also got the RC 1.5” lift. Wheels are grey alpha foxtrots and tires are bfg ko2 245/70/r17. The noise is definitely from the turbo blowoff.
The trail is great, highly recommend!

Chasepoirier

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
That's awesome! Is that sound when you let off the throttle the turbo blowing off? I love it! lol
Yeah I’m pretty sure it is! Really had to put the foot down to get the initial momentum so the turbo was working hard haha

OP
OP
D-Man

D-Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Little water fording while going to Chinns Lake... Aired down for trail and Bronco Sport crushed it!

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Hi!
We took a trip to Ridgway, Ouray, and Telluride this week and ended up doing half of Black Bear Pass (we turned around at the one way sign leading to The Steps/Switchbacks). The portion of Black Bear we did was relatively easy but did have a few narrow roads and steep climbs. Overall it did great and the views up there are extraordinary!

We also took it over Imogene Pass from Ouray to Telluride. I watched a lot of videos of Imogene to determine if we could do it and we decided to go for it. No videos I watched did Imogene justice as it is a lot more technical than it looks on camera, especially for a vehicle that has limited ground clearance. However, our Bronco Sport Badlands did absolutely incredible up there and totally crushed the trail! There were quite a few spots on the Ouray side that did require picking good lines to get over obstacles without bottoming out and I recommend going with a spotter if you can. We did hit the skid plates a couple of times, but as we learned at the Texas Off Roadeo, these things can take more of a beating than you think and we found no visible damage done to the undercarriage of the vehicle.

We are super impressed with what this vehicle can do and we are so happy with the purchase!

Here are a few pictures from the trip:

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Conquering Off Road Trails in Colorado D8FD74A3-7285-4B2F-9BE9-31074ED34C8F

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Conquering Off Road Trails in Colorado ABB228DF-9B15-4AF5-88FE-4C5F11AC74F0

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Conquering Off Road Trails in Colorado E976F8F7-A3FE-44FF-84D9-9FB605C1F19E

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Conquering Off Road Trails in Colorado FB0BE064-D7C8-439E-83BE-A61ACDADBD7C

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Conquering Off Road Trails in Colorado 1C609B8F-3864-4B88-8243-08CCF47F946B

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport

What BOV are you using? Thanks.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
It appears that Cactus Gray is popular in CO. I will be joining the club sometime this year.
Sponsored