tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
When I bought my Bronco Sport last year - (the car was someone elses cancelled order and I only had a few hours to decide - ended up being a Big Bend). I did not know much about these cars - I was desperate for any car at the time. I remember doing some quick research and I seem to remember that the Base model had some real steel wheels available on it - with the aluminum wheels as an option. I remember thinking these looked sort of cool - did I imagine this? I have not seen a base with the steel wheels - and it does not seem to be an option now. Just curious - not planning on changing my wheels, just wondering if this is a rare combo these days...
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I don't think that Ford offers a "real steel" wheel, but they do have an aluminum wheel that looks like a steel wheel. You can find "real steel" wheels in the aftermarket. They aren't too expensive.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
The Base model wheels are not steel wheels. They are "Silver Sparkle" 17" wheels.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Base wheels 1675109232941

I actually like the Base wheels, personally better than the BB wheels (I like them fine as well). But the only ones that look "steel" are the optional BL wheels.

OP
OP
tjbronco

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
The ones I remember seeing looked like the aluminum BL wheel, but were steel. They were on the Ford site (this would have been Jan 2022), but I have not seen them since. Like I said, maybe I am mistaken, but I remember doing a build on the car on the website. Maybe it was a full size Bronco I did the build on...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I don’t think that wheel options have changed (maybe a color) since introduction in ‘21.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The ones I remember seeing looked like the aluminum BL wheel, but were steel. They were on the Ford site (this would have been Jan 2022), but I have not seen them since. Like I said, maybe I am mistaken, but I remember doing a build on the car on the website. Maybe it was a full size Bronco I did the build on...
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/just-put-maverick-steel-wheels-steelies-on-my-2021-sport-what-do-you-all-think.5976/
Like this maybe? They come from the maverick if this is what you’re thinking of.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Base wheels 1675142317803

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you want a "true" steel wheel. You can order a base Escape 17" black steel wheel
Sponsored