Sammalo1007

Badlands
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So my bronco sport badlands arrived but sadly was damaged at the factory or during shipping. Now have to meet with my dealership next week to figure out my options. The only thing they told me so far is Ford is fixing the damage for free.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 4B06B7D1-B696-499D-96FF-21F16FC1826A

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 0FC75AAF-4818-477A-B884-2254C9B4628A

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 9AD7F661-EA84-44E8-BEE1-BB0F20F3ABDA
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I'm sorry to see this. I hope you can get this resolved quickly. You waited long enough to get to take your BL home.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
So my bronco sport badlands arrived but sadly was damaged at the factory or during shipping. Now have to meet with my dealership next week to figure out my options. The only thing they told me so far is Ford is fixing the damage for free.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 4B06B7D1-B696-499D-96FF-21F16FC1826A

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 0FC75AAF-4818-477A-B884-2254C9B4628A

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco sport badlands arrives damaged 9AD7F661-EA84-44E8-BEE1-BB0F20F3ABDA
Man, that is so screwed up......... We feel the pain! :curse:

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Ouch! We found one a few months ago (dealer ordered)that we really liked, and when it arrived at the dealer the front and rear bumpers were damaged. The mechanic got on the phone with Ford and they had no idea when they would be able to supply the necessary parts.

We passed and fortunately found another about two weeks later.

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ouch! We found one a few months ago (dealer ordered)that we really liked, and when it arrived at the dealer the front and rear bumpers were damaged. The mechanic got on the phone with Ford and they had no idea when they would be able to supply the necessary parts.

We passed and fortunately found another about two weeks later.
Best thing you could have done!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Sorry to see that damage. A good body shop could make that look like it never happened.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
A good body shop could straighten metal until little to no filler needed. Highly skilled paint can match original paint 100 percent. Depends on how skilled ppl are who do the repair. But it is possible to make long lasting undetectable repair to that damage.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Wow. Well the people most capable of understanding are on this forum. Hang in there and keep us posted. Great choice that area 51 badlands!

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Personally, I wouldn’t take it. I would tell them to re-order. I don’t want a new car that has been repaired, regardless of how minor it might be. Also, you better make sure that this repair doesn’t get reported and ends up on Carfax as a reported accident.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Personally, I wouldn’t take it. I would tell them to re-order. I don’t want a new car that has been repaired, regardless of how minor it might be. Also, you better make sure that this repair doesn’t get reported and ends up on Carfax as a reported accident.
Agreed in principle...but replacing it isn't a magic snap of the fingers. Badlands are no longer being ordered. It's a scuff at the tail light. No seals, no fitment of doors or latches. You'd be shocked if you knew how many hammers, tools, and touchup went into your cars. Agreeably it should be right...but this is bizzaro world right now. I'd take it after correction inspection in a heartbeat.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yeah reject it. They will have their new '22 when maybe May or June 2022? Maybe later? And its an Area 51 with Badlands Package which is like rare as hens teeth these days....

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Agreed in principle...but replacing it isn't a magic snap of the fingers. Badlands are no longer being ordered. It's a scuff at the tail light. No seals, no fitment of doors or latches. You'd be shocked if you knew how many hammers, tools, and touchup went into your cars. Agreeably it should be right...but this is bizzaro world right now. I'd take it after correction inspection in a heartbeat.
Like I said above, a good body guy can straighten that metal out to the point only a thin less then 1/16 skim of filler would be needed. A really good body guy could straighten out and zero filler would be needed. And a good paint guy could 100% match that paint and get factory paint or better durability. A high skilled shop could make that like it never happened.

Guy over on Hellcat forum got a new Red Eye damaged front bumper fender. Ppl said reject it. Dealer offered to fix and take money off the vehicle. He took it.
Sponsored