Bronco sold out for 2 years and chip info

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
bronco and chips

So it appears some companies are removing features that require the chips that are on low supply. It would be interesting to know what features on the Ford that would be and it possibly would be nice to have that option to remove them.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
bronco and chips

So it appears some companies are removing features that require the chips that are on low supply. It would be interesting to know what features on the Ford that would be and it possibly would be nice to have that option to remove them.
I didn't read the article but did hear Chevy announce no more auto start/stop to help chip issues. Ironically this "effort" is likely welcomed by most people with the exception of companies producing devices to disable the stupid feature?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
bronco and chips

Ford will not redesign or alter vehicles to take features out that require semiconductors, as some competitors have done.

GM has removed the chips for the "Auto/Start" engine shutdown. That would make some people happy. :like:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I didn't read the article but did hear Chevy announce no more auto start/stop to help chip issues.
Ok that is a move in right direction

Last edited:

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
I didn't read the article but did hear Chevy announce no more auto start/stop to help chip issues. Ironically this "effort" is likely welcomed by most people with the exception of companies producing devices to disable the stupid feature?
I'd gladly sell the chip for that "feature", I hate it!

Caseyleaves

Big Bend
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
bronco and chips

I had an order placed for the Bronco Sport this April and my dealer called and said Ford would not do the sunroof or copilot plus on it due to chip shortages. I Had to cancel the order and find one locally.
Sponsored