BroncoNamedSarge

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I am interested in this as well, but only have the Big Bend edition. I don't want to look like an idiot here. Do you guys think the experience would be fun for those of us not rocking the "full 4x4" capabilities?

I live just 1 hr from this. Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I am interested in this as well, but only have the Big Bend edition. I don't want to look like an idiot here. Do you guys think the experience would be fun for those of us not rocking the "full 4x4" capabilities?

I think the fun will be there, question is value. I don't think that they have set a price yet for non FE/BL owners. It might be pricey.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

During the event you use their vehicles, not yours.

BroncoNamedSarge

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Thanks for the feedback guys. Does anyone have a general idea of what the cost might be?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Thanks for the feedback guys. Does anyone have a general idea of what the cost might be?

Thanks!
I believe if you purchased a Badlands or First Edition it's $35 for the driver, and around $400 for a guest (you pay lodging and travel to get there). There's also a $150 deposit which (I believe) is refunded if you don't break anything. I can't tell you what the fee will for owners of other Bronco Sport trim levels, but I would guess it will be on the order of the cost for a guest.

Thelawgiver

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just went to Austin Saturday, 3/26, awesome full day, distance travelling on back dirt roads, lunch, BBQ dinner. Small grouping (I was in group of 8). We got a free "Roadeo" Yeti bottle and various Roadeo stickers. Of course there is lots of Bronco SWAG available to purchase.

All Sports there are Badlands because you will get instructed on using Rock Crawl. It's like filling out rental car agreement/waivers. They offer extra insurance if you desire (I passed).

Ditto on the rally track comments as you are encouraged to press the limits, which we would not really do with our own cherished babies.

Shout out to Detroit Nate who has tricked his "Roswell" for camping and using every chance he gets!

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
We were there yesterday. Had a great time.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Off-Rodeo Event in Austin, TX IMG_0795

My favorite part was the rally track at the end of the day.
So jealous!
The Rally Track was advertised to BS owners when we made reservations, but we were not allowed to participate September - it was only for "Big Bronco" owners.
Very disappointed!!
I can't recommend the bait and switch Texas OffRoadeo.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So jealous!
The Rally Track was advertised to BS owners when we made reservations, but we were not allowed to participate September - it was only for "Big Bronco" owners.
Very disappointed!!
I can't recommend the bait and switch Texas OffRoadeo.
I wonder why they wouldn't let you do it. They had both Sports and Bigs running that track. The Sports ran it faster :)

My first guess would be track damage that could get the Sports stuck or worse.

Maybe you can call them and try to get another trip.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wonder why they wouldn't let you do it. They had both Sports and Bigs running that track. The Sports ran it faster :)

My first guess would be track damage that could get the Sports stuck or worse.

Maybe you can call them and try to get another trip.
IDK. Our instructor said BS "weren't allowed to get 'airborne' anymore."
I would've loved to see us run the track - like they show us doing in the advertising.
Thanks for the video!!!
I'm going to show it to the naysayers.
As for another trip; 2-passengers, airfare, rental car (BS BB), Resort Hotel ... and precious vacation days, is too much for a "Chance" they'll do it right the 2nd time around.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IDK. Our instructor said BS "weren't allowed to get 'airborne' anymore."
I would've loved to see us run the track - like they show us doing in the advertising.
Thanks for the video!!!
I'm going to show it to the naysayers.
As for another trip; 2-passengers, airfare, rental car (BS BB), Resort Hotel ... and precious vacation days, is too much for a "Chance" they'll do it right the 2nd time around.
Ahhh, the jumps...
We were told not to hit those two places at speed. The trail guide called them " not jumps" as verbal reinforcement.
As fast as I was going, "airborne" followed by serious damage would have happened.
I went over them at 2-3 mph compared to 25mph were doing in some places. I bought the insurance but didn't want to use it.

We missed out on the campfire. We were mistakenly told the last shuttle to the hotel was leaving before it got dark. By the time we got back to hotel I had forgotten about the campfire or I would have driven my BS back there.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ahhh, the jumps...
We were told not to hit those two places at speed. The trail guide called them " not jumps" as verbal reinforcement.
As fast as I was going, "airborne" followed by serious damage would have happened.
I went over them at 2-3 mph compared to 25mph were doing in some places. I bought the insurance but didn't want to use it.

We missed out on the campfire. We were mistakenly told the last shuttle to the hotel was leaving before it got dark. By the time we got back to hotel I had forgotten about the campfire or I would have driven my BS back there.
That's cool!
Glad you enjoyed it.
The resort hotel was great; the lake, pools, restaurants, architectural landscaping, exotic birds, friendly people ...

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's cool!
Glad you enjoyed it.
The resort hotel was great; the lake, pools, restaurants, architectural landscaping, exotic birds, friendly people ...
Agreed!
The resort was very nice top to bottom.
Sponsored