Bronco Maverick Name Confirmed in Ford Parts System?

Randy92Fox

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
If they were to bring back the Maverick as a car and it was rwd, manual with a 2.3 I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I've owned 2 Mavericks and a Comet (1975 so same as the Maverick in that year).

Jalisurr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, '09 Corvette Z06, '08 ZX-6R
If they were to bring back the Maverick as a car and it was rwd, manual with a 2.3 I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I've owned 2 Mavericks and a Comet (1975 so same as the Maverick in that year).
Honestly it would make sense to me for them to use the Maverick name for essentially a restyled ecoboost mustang. The ecostang with the performance pack is a great, properly fun little car, lighter in the nose than the V8 and therefore more nimble, but with all the performance goodies of the GT. The problem is that the mustang name demands the V8 when thinking of performance. When I hear an ecoboost go by there's just something wrong about it. Having the ecoboost stang sold under a different name with different styling would go a long way to letting it shine on its own I think.

BroncoRevital

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Nice. I always hoped they would stick with that name for it.

Apparently it was the first car I was driven around in when I was baby. I’ve always liked those old Mavericks.

They should have made a small sports car out of it like a Toyota gt86 but I suppose a small Bronco is a cool name to take it too.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
Nice. I always hoped they would stick with that name for it.

Apparently it was the first car I was driven around in when I was baby. I’ve always liked those old Mavericks.

They should have made a small sports car out of it like a Toyota gt86 but I suppose a small Bronco is a cool name to take it too.
I too grew up riding in my dads 1970 Maverick, he had that from 1971 till 1979!!!

xenolon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, CJ-7
Having the ecoboost stang sold under a different name with different styling would go a long way to letting it shine on its own I think.
Ford would never do this, if only for sales numbers reporting. Remember the Freestyle --> Taurus XL debacle? They're not going to make it look like the Mustang is selling less numbers.

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
PLACE HOLDER

99.999% sure this catalog had a deadline before Bronco naming was finalized and and it's placeholder. It's not even a 2020 MY vehicle. You guys know that Escape was called Maverick in other parts of the world, right?