brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This post may be somewhere else, I just purchased my Big Bend this past weekend and a couple times already, the dash display has been out after starting the vehicle, meaning nothing shows between the tach and speedometer, it is blank. Anyone else had this issue? Cause and maybe a fix? Other than that, after almost 600 miles driven, its a nice truck. I drove a fullsize '89 Bronco XLT for over a decade back in the late 80's and 90's. Thanks!
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
This post may be somewhere else, I just purchased my Big Bend this past weekend and a couple times already, the dash display has been out after starting the vehicle, meaning nothing shows between the tach and speedometer, it is blank. Anyone else had this issue? Cause and maybe a fix? Other than that, after almost 600 miles driven, its a nice truck. I drove a fullsize '89 Bronco XLT for over a decade back in the late 80's and 90's. Thanks!
Are you sure it’s not just off? I don’t know about other models, but on my OB I can scroll through various display options for that screen.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I am thinking you have "calm" display on, and maybe lane departure active...that moves the digital speedometer to the right. Also, Check the setup you have by pressing the menu button, on the right side of the steering wheel. There you have options to display, like trip, Intelligent 4wd, etc.

OP
OP
brockdog12

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sorry, I've been away. Over 1200 miles on the BS now. No, lane departure is not active and I'm not sure what calm display is. It did it again last evening, it is totally random. The area between the tach and speedometer again blank. I've pressed the menu button and tried the other buttons to get the screen to come back on, nothing. Have to shut it off and basically park it and come back to it and it will work again. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for something else and may just leave it for them to look at. I also have a bad vibration coming from where to camera cover meets the headliner. I can apply pressure to it and make it stop so it should be a quick fix.

Ford Bronco Sport Blank display 40557883-3400-4C37-A201-1768BB8AF975

Last edited:

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Yeah..that doesn't look right to me. Looks like something is going on ..take it to service

OP
OP
brockdog12

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah..that doesn't look right to me. Looks like something is going on ..take it to service
It did it again this morning, I had to turn off and reset the truck, basically let it time out or arm and disarm the alarm, 4 times to get the display to come up.

OP
OP
brockdog12

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thought you said you were going to the dealer...............
I went to the dealer Saturday, but didn't leave it, went for other business. I have a couple other things to take it in for as well. It's under warranty so no rush, I'll drive it a bit longer to see if anything else comes up and get it all done at once. The drivers seat is popping in the lower left track, mount area when taking off from a stop or turning left and the camera cover vibration, I may have mentioned, which is pretty annoying. They are going to tint the front door windows as well for me.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I went to the dealer Saturday, but didn't leave it, went for other business. I have a couple other things to take it in for as well. It's under warranty so no rush, I'll drive it a bit longer to see if anything else comes up and get it all done at once. The drivers seat is popping in the lower left track, mount area when taking off from a stop or turning left and the camera cover vibration, I may have mentioned, which is pretty annoying. They are going to tint the front door windows as well for me.
OK... Im interested to see what the heck is going on with it. Hope it is nothing serious.

PedsAPRN

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Same here. I'll post what they find as well as the other fixes.
Did you ever find out what the issue was? I bought mine a few weeks ago, and the same thing has happened a few times. Everything else works.

OP
OP
brockdog12

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did you ever find out what the issue was? I bought mine a few weeks ago, and the same thing has happened a few times. Everything else works.
No, I haven't taken it in yet. I did tell the service advisor I spoke to about it and he said he has seen the issue before though. I had a list of about 10 things I want looked in to, but the more I drive it, it seems some things have settled down and I may take off my list now. I'm at 4400 miles since buying it in April, for me that's high. I have another car to drive now so my BS is staying in the garage for a while.

CyndaDove

Outer Banks
First Name
Cynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine started doing the same thing after having it about 3 months. I took mine in to the dealer, diagnosis, needs the instrument cluster replaced! Of course, those are on back order and they have no idea when they will be able to get it! Mine goes out when it is hot outside or about 1 minute after you turn off the auto/start/stop button. Sometimes after a few days it will come back and if I don't turn off the auto/start/stop it will stay on. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get the replacement.

OP
OP
brockdog12

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine started doing the same thing after having it about 3 months. I took mine in to the dealer, diagnosis, needs the instrument cluster replaced! Of course, those are on back order and they have no idea when they will be able to get it! Mine goes out when it is hot outside or about 1 minute after you turn off the auto/start/stop button. Sometimes after a few days it will come back and if I don't turn off the auto/start/stop it will stay on. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get the replacement.
I haven't taken mine in yet for anything, need too. I still have a list, but some of the items have gone away. When my display fails, it never even comes on when I open the door. I have to close the door, open the door, sometimes several times. Mine is garage kept so I'm sure temperature isn't whats causing it. It can sit outside at work all day and work fine when I head home. Good luck when it is finally repaired, tearing into a dash could create other issues like many rattles, hopefully not though.

CyndaDove

Outer Banks
First Name
Cynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I haven't taken mine in yet for anything, need too. I still have a list, but some of the items have gone away. When my display fails, it never even comes on when I open the door. I have to close the door, open the door, sometimes several times. Mine is garage kept so I'm sure temperature isn't whats causing it. It can sit outside at work all day and work fine when I head home. Good luck when it is finally repaired, tearing into a dash could create other issues like many rattles, hopefully not though.
Well it's under warranty so they will get it right one way or another!
Sponsored