82’ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93’ F150 / 20’ F250 / 22’ Bronco / 23’ Sport
I have. 2023 Big Bend that should be coming in this week (one my dealer already had ordered that I’m going to take). I had only test driven an Outer Banks and sat in a Badlands before and never realized that the Big Bend doesn’t have the same / larger screen gauge cluster that the OB and BL has. would a OB or BL gauge cluster be “plug and play” in my Big Bend if I can get my hands on one to swap out?
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
I have. 2023 Big Bend thatbshould Be coming in this week (one my dealer already had ordered that I’m going to take). I had only test driven an Outer Banks and sat in a Badlands before and never realized that the Big Bend doesn’t have the same / larger screen gauge cluster that the OB and BL has. would a OB or BL gauge cluster be “plug and play” in my Big Bend if I can get my hands on one to swap out?
Should be plug and play in the sense that it will fit. I believe you will have to mess around with Forscan programming to spec the correct IPC among other things. Pretty sure you can't just plug it in and be on your way.

BezikiMuntumbe

Big Bend
First Name
Beziki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was wondering this too! Same model different trim I imagine it would only be missing a few sensors, so most of the added controls like layout adjustments and more stats on screen should work on plug in. Would love to know if anyone's tried.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
It's may be doable, but when I was looking to do this in a 2015 Ford Fusion (to swap to a Mondeo European instrument cluster where it was entirely a projected screen with no physical dials), the programming of the odometer couldn't be done via Forscan. It required a different software, UCDS, and that required purchase of their own specific OBDII adapter (general ELM327 adapters with MS-CAN support don't work). There was some changes to the AsBuilt that were not 1:1 and it was somewhat risky.

A big issue is if Forscan supports your model and shows the odometer option under the IPC, then you're peachy if the new odo reflects lower mileage than your car actually has -Forscan (with the option showing) will allow you to set a new, higher mileage. If the swapped instrument cluster reflects a higher mileage than the car actually has, than Forscan won't permit you to write the actual accurate lower figure.

IMO, not worth the effort.

If you do do that - I would go to a shop that reports to Carfax and do a couple services shortly before and after the odo swap to remove doubts of mileage swapping. Oil change before, topping off of windshield fluid at a drive thru oil change like Valvoline maybe.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
This would totally be doable. Likely would need some tweaks with forscan though to get it fully functioning.
There are those at the Maverick Forum who have had the fully digital cluster from the Escape installed and fully functioning.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
The odometer would be the most important, and legal matter. Huge fine if you tamper in any way with mileage readings on a vehicle.
Sponsored