FatmanOSU

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 2001 F150
I want it more for the stop and go feature. We have a lot of construction on HWY around here and wanting to try it out. I wonder if they will fix it with a software update.

OK, it looks like stop and go is part of adaptive. Just the speed sign with changing speed is the Intelligent part.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
I want it more for the stop and go feature. We have a lot of construction on HWY around here and wanting to try it out. I wonder if they will fix it with a software update.
That’s the adaptive cruise portion, not the intelligent cruise. Mine has that.
Adaptive cruise slows down when traffic in front of you slows down. And will even come to a stop. The “Intelligent” cruise uses the speed sign recognition to change what the cruise control speed is set to. With intelligent off it still reads the signs, but it’s just a visual indicator on the dash showing the speed limit. It will flash if you go over it by a margin you can set.
Mine uses the navigation information for speed if there is no sign or it hasn’t read one successfully.
I’m guessing they disabled intelligent cruise because people were having issues with it reading wrong like mine maybe. Who knows.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
For the apim you should be able to use easy mode mode and turn the option on and off. Have an issue of that when I first bought the truck I turned that on and it did allow me to turn the optionally but would tell me it was unavailable due to the ipma not being set. For whatever reason once I figured out what needed to be changed in the IPC and the ipma when I tried to do it in the apim it didn't work right so I had to do the as built instead of easy mode. I think there is something in the IPC in the easy way for that but the way it was reading I wasn't sure which option to change cuz there were several so I just stuck with the as built change on the three changes
Would you have to go back in and redo it after every update to the SYNC system?

OP
OP
Fordson04

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don't think so but can't say for sure as there haven't been any sync updates since I have done this. However I made changes on my fusion years ago on the old Ford touch system and it didn't undo change when I did updates.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I've been driving cars with Sync 3 for 5+ years, and the system has always retained all my personal settings when updating the software.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
I've been driving cars with Sync 3 for 5+ years, and the system has always retained all my personal settings when updating the software.
Thank you, Mark, I was specifically referring to the forscan setting he wrote on the software.
I do appreciate the interaction of the folks here in this forum, have a great day.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Thank you, Mark, I was specifically referring to the forscan setting he wrote on the software.
I do appreciate the interaction of the folks here in this forum, have a great day.
Well, I can help you there too. All of the changes I made to my Mustang and the wife's previous Escape using Forscan remained intact through numerous Sync updates. :thumbsup:
Sponsored