Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello,

Just trade in my Mustang ecoboost 17 for the BB with all the packages and extras. Firsts impressions:

Downsides: - Like many others, missing engine cover.
- On the BB looks like there's no steering wheel warmer available. Ford announce it as one of the "convenience package" extras for the 2021 (got fix on 2022)

To be fair this are not really BB downsides, just false advertisement and production issues.

Is just the 1.5, had the chance to test drive First Edition and I refused cuz I know I would love it and can't afford to pay that much extra. I'm use to drive the 2.3 Ecoboost in the Mustang and of course I don't have that heavy quick acceleration in the BB, but honestly... Is not bad at all! Accelerates well and goes fast enough.
I like the sport mode and the fact that it shuts off the engine auto on-off thingy when using it.
I don't have that 4x4 with all the off-roads modes, but... even if I got it I doubt it would ever be used. I think the AWD with the extra modes is more than most people needs for regular use.

BB with the convenience package I think is a really good choice for someone who doesn't needs to off-road a lot. Really happy so far.

Hope this is helpful for someone thinking about getting one.
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Awesome enjoy! I drove an OB when the lot had one as a demo. Really the 1.5 is more than fine, you might not think so for a small displacement 3 cyl, but itā€™s more than enough. Though ultimately I went BL for a few different reasons, none of them being that I needed the extra 4WD modes, I donā€™t think anyone would feel the 1.5 is lacking. Honestly when you see people post their overlanding adventures on here, more often than not, itā€™s done just the same with BB & OB models as there are BL ones in use.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Congratulations. Donā€™t worry, you wonā€™t feel heartsick from trading the stang. I traded my 15 four @ 17k and change to get an OB. Then a BL came up and I traded the OB and only did slight increase in payments.

the truck is just as much fun as the Stang to be honest. Justā€¦.. different fun.

(I have had nothing but ā€˜Stangs since ā€˜93)

OP
OP
Alistar

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congratulations. Donā€™t worry, you wonā€™t feel heartsick from trading the stang. I traded my 15 four @ 17k and change to get an OB. Then a BL came up and I traded the OB and only did slight increase in payments.

the truck is just as much fun as the Stang to be honest. Justā€¦.. different fun.

(I have had nothing but ā€˜Stangs since ā€˜93)
Mustang is the car of my dreams since a child. Absolutely love that car, but after 5 years of fun, with less that 45k miles and the market situation I thought was a good time to make the move.
It has his limitations too, like going camping, snow it could be risky. Back seats are a joke, just decoration and dead space.

Bronco sport is way more comfortable and convenient for everything.

I guess I'm getting old... But hey, still have a horse logo on the car
hahaha

Thanks for your opinion!

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hah. I said the same thing about the horse.

guess Iā€™m getting old too. Plus having to pick up kids in the line at school who HAVE to be in the back seatā€¦.. yeah. More practical now (that was one argument I used to get permission from my CFO).

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Youā€™re just changing. BSport is still a boss ride. Itā€™s ok to not be a mustang man anymore. Your Bronco brethren welcome you.
Sponsored