Bay Area Ca Lift Kit Install - Shop Recommendation?

J3u29!

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi all,

I am looking into purchasing a lift kit here soon and was looking for recommendations on where to get it installed. Unfortunately I dont have the tools or the knowledge to do this myself and would love some direction on where to go!

Thank you!!
Sponsored

rzims

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Swat customs in Fremont did my RAM and the week after next they're doing my wife's new outer banks. Good people and do good work

galavoxx

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm in San Francisco and went to Larkin Brothers Tire Company. If I had a garage I would have tackled it myself over a day or two.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
https://goo.gl/maps/t4rh39zZAxGMCdhd8

Wheel and Break Center- San Leandro, CA
Monte did my FE. I am the first Bronco Sport customer of his- but he has experience with commerical trucks and other 4x4s. I have not posted my pictures or review of my lift kit yet- waiting till after my Moab trip in May 2023.

xlite

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Poolman- you going to go it alone in Moab or doing the OffRodeo again?

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Any place(s) in the LA area?

Does anyone know if it effects the Ford warranty?

Finally, what about the CV's. They can only be lifted so much w/o damaging them.

Thanks.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I can say there are a few posts here about the warranty issue. But to save you some time..
Yes it does. I’ve been slowly modifying my FE.
Example I installed ditch lights and aux switches… my dealer won’t warranty the crappy battery that comes with the Bronco that fails . There’s posts about that too.
Anyways…they said no because of the mods.
So basically you need to prove your mod is not the cause of the warranty issue.

I don’t know any shops in LA or about CVs

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So basically you need to prove your mod is not the cause of the warranty issue.
According the governing law, it's supposed to be the other way around, i.e. Ford must prove your modification caused the damage for which it's denying a warranty claim. Functionally, that's not how it works. If Ford can claim with any plausibility that your mod caused the damage that's what it will do. It will then be up to you to pursue remedy under the terms of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty, which includes mandatory arbitration.

My guess is if Ford denies a warranty claim due to a mod it either knows for a fact your mod caused the damage, or it's hoping you won't seek remedy, but is ready to cave or compromise to avoid going to court. The penalties for a manufacturer wrongly denying a warranty claim is steep, so Ford will not go to court unless it's certain.

In a way, this makes sense. It's easier to deny warranty coverage and force you to prove your mod isn't at fault than it is for Ford to, and unfortunately the law and your warranty docs are written in a way to allow them to get away with it. The troubleshooting and research costs time, and Ford would rather you spend yours.

To me, the best policy regarding mods is either be willing to absorb whatever costs might arise from repairing the system(s) you are modifying, or simply don't modify it until your warranty expires.
Sponsored