First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I don't know if I have ever seen a case where the tracker didn't update till it arrived.
The tracker on mine said In Transit when dealer called and said it was there. Tracker changed to Delivered later that night after I drove it off the lot earlier that day. Mine also took six weeks to get to dealer for some unknown reason it got hung up somewhere along the way.
Sponsored

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Ford Bronco Sport Batch #2402/#1166 et al. - BSs Stuck in Production Screenshot 2022-01-15 214520

Looks like we were caught up in this together. I received an email on 12/05/21 that it had been built with an estimated delivery of 01/03-01/09. The tracker has had it shipped for some time. I do not have an email notification for when it switched from Built to Shipped, so I cannot speak to when it actually shipped.

My salesman looked it up on 12/29 and said that it was sitting on a railcar in Birmingham (same city as the dealership). Then I got this email from Ford on 01/10.

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Bronco™ Sport SUV Badlands™ is delivered to Stivers Ford of Birmingham. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 3, 2022, and January 9, 2022, has been updated to between January 27, 2022, and February 2, 2022."

So, I do not know if he was mistaken on it sitting on a railcar or if they can recall a vehicle back to the factory before it ever gets delivered to the dealership. The delay would seem to be in shipment since it has remained in that status for a long time according to the tracker. But that would not explain an email from Ford that seems to indicate a quality issue with the vehicle.
I got the built email on 12/22 and the shipped email 12/25. Production date on the tracker showed up 11/29 and Etis showed the modules checked on 11/29. Something held it up at the factory for almost a month, no idea what it was though.

I got the railcar number from the dealer and tracked ours the whole way across the country. Currently it is sitting in Lordstown OH waiting to be loaded on a car transport to Uniontown PA. Our estimated delivery was slid back to 1/24 weeks ago and is still holding there.

There is an extremely good chance your vehicle is sitting around waiting on a truck to deliver it, just like ours. The driver shortage is real and then add in drivers catching COVID and having to take 5 to 10 days off work. It’s real easy for these yards to get behind with no way to catch up.

I’d say the email is a standard email Ford sends anytime a quoted milestone date passes without the milestone actually happening. It definitely didn’t get shipped back to the factory, if something was wrong with it at this point the dealer would be the one doing the repairs.

Van

Badlands
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got the built email on 12/22 and the shipped email 12/25. Production date on the tracker showed up 11/29 and Etis showed the modules checked on 11/29. Something held it up at the factory for almost a month, no idea what it was though.

I got the railcar number from the dealer and tracked ours the whole way across the country. Currently it is sitting in Lordstown OH waiting to be loaded on a car transport to Uniontown PA. Our estimated delivery was slid back to 1/24 weeks ago and is still holding there.

There is an extremely good chance your vehicle is sitting around waiting on a truck to deliver it, just like ours. The driver shortage is real and then add in drivers catching COVID and having to take 5 to 10 days off work. It’s real easy for these yards to get behind with no way to catch up.

I’d say the email is a standard email Ford sends anytime a quoted milestone date passes without the milestone actually happening. It definitely didn’t get shipped back to the factory, if something was wrong with it at this point the dealer would be the one doing the repairs.
Thanks for the reply. Etis also has my modules checked on 11/29. By the way, did you notice how close our numbers were?

With the holidays plus COVID, there shouldn't be any surprises with the delays. I know someone that ordered a big Bronco, and it was held up in Atlanta. Apparently, Ford required anyone delivering their vehicles to be vaccinated. That alone will create major delays.

Good luck!

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Thanks for the reply. Etis also has my modules checked on 11/29. By the way, did you notice how close our numbers were?

With the holidays plus COVID, there shouldn't be any surprises with the delays. I know someone that ordered a big Bronco, and it was held up in Atlanta. Apparently, Ford required anyone delivering their vehicles to be vaccinated. That alone will create major delays.

Good luck!
Haha you were 4 ahead of ours. I guess we really were in the same boat.

I haven’t heard that about the vaccinations. That would almost definitely cause a delay around here.

Reactions: Van

Van

Badlands
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Haha you were 4 ahead of ours. I guess we really were in the same boat.

I haven’t heard that about the vaccinations. That would almost definitely cause a delay around here.
It would no doubt delay things down here too!

moodythree25

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my BS BB
Just found this thread, I'm so glad to have found others in the same boat as me. My BB is in batch 1166. Order confirmed 9/25, In production 12/07, original estimated delivery 12/27 then 1/05, and current estimated delivery 2/05. I don't have high hopes for it showing up on time. My dealership has been less than helpful through this entire process and I almost gave up hope. Maybe someday It'll finally arrive.

E229Lt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Expedition
Just found this thread, I'm so glad to have found others in the same boat as me. My BB is in batch 1166. Order confirmed 9/25, In production 12/07, original estimated delivery 12/27 then 1/05, and current estimated delivery 2/05. I don't have high hopes for it showing up on time. My dealership has been less than helpful through this entire process and I almost gave up hope. Maybe someday It'll finally arrive.
Call you dealer, better yet, salesperson and "TELL" them to send you a Visibility Report. If you are told "I can't" ask for the sales manager. If strung around go there yourself and don't take no for an answer.
Be informed, dealers hate customers who know the shit they won't tell you.

Blakes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Badlands was in that batch - ordered the end of Sept but not built until 1/5. It’s presently being shipped by rail (currently in Louisville) with an ETA in FL of 2/12. Given your ETA, your BS may also be en route. Your dealer can give you the rail car number so you can track it. (Elsewhere in this forum are detailed instructions on how to do that.) Good luck!

moodythree25

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my BS BB
Call you dealer, better yet, salesperson and "TELL" them to send you a Visibility Report. If you are told "I can't" ask for the sales manager. If strung around go there yourself and don't take no for an answer.
Be informed, dealers hate customers who know the shit they won't tell you.
Thank you for the suggestion. I should go there to find out what is going on. I've been hesitant to to get pushy with them because I'm working with a salesman and dealership my parents have been buying cars from since before I was born. I've been in the dark about the whole process so far due to the dealership putting my email in their system wrong resulting in me getting no contact from Ford at all. When I asked them about it, they said it was too late to change the email and now every time I'm curious, I have to reach out and convince someone to investigate for me. Most of the time, I get a "I don't know when it will be here" or a one word answer. I found the vehicle tracker on my own and that's basically the only tool I know of at this point. I'm still digging through these forums trying to get more tools to find my car. Still happy to have found others in my batch!

Last edited:

E229Lt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Expedition
Thank you for the suggestion. I should go there to find out what is going on. I've been hesitant to to get pushy with them because I'm working with a salesman and dealership my parents have been buying cars from since before I was born. I've been in the dark about the whole process so far due to the dealership putting my email in their system wrong resulting in me getting no contact from Ford at all. When I asked them about it, they said it was too late to change the email and now every time I'm curious, I have to reach out and convince someone to investigate for me. Most of the time, I get a "I don't know when it will be here" or a one word answer. I found the vehicle tracker on my own and that's basically the only tool I know of at this point. I'm still digging through these forums trying to get more tools to find my car. Still happy to have found others in my batch!
This is my visibility report, still don't have a car but know it exists.
Ford Bronco Sport Batch #2402/#1166 et al. - BSs Stuck in Production 267124780_5258477840843669_1222403376222808646_n

ElCameron

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GMC Canyon All Terrain
trying to gauge some times here. How long from placing the order at your dealer until you got order confirmation from ford? Is it sporadic? I placed my order 2 weeks ago, but radio silence since.

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
trying to gauge some times here. How long from placing the order at your dealer until you got order confirmation from ford? Is it sporadic? I placed my order 2 weeks ago, but radio silence since.
They most likely forgot to attach your email to the order. That's what happened to me.

Call your salesperson and they can send it to you.

ElCameron

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They most likely forgot to attach your email to the order. That's what happened to me.

I've called him a couple of times, and he has been less than helpful. I'll have to reach out to his sales manager.

ElCameron

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Actually looks like they didn't attach my email to the WBDO sheet, so I bet that is what happened. Thanks.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ScareCrow Off-Topic Board 11