Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The lift makes the Sport look great, and the vehicle should look like that from the factory. It's just too low. One of my biggest deal-breakers is the silly ground clearance, which should be at least 10" minimum on any serious off-road vehicle. It could be the engineering of the Sport does not allow it to be lifted because of balance / roll over issues?

The other problem is that third-party lifts, not installed by the dealer completely voids the warranty.

Glad someone confirmed the rear seats fold flat.

Last edited:

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I'm quite sure that the BS isn't marketed for "Serious" off-roaders. That's what the Big Bronco is for.

I believe its marketed for the daily commuter who wants to be a weekend warrior. Its a very capable weekend warrior.

With the BL's its 8.8" with the 29" tire. A 1" lift + 31" tires would put it at 11.8" of clearance.

Even a 1" factory lift doesn't give you a warrantee that you can bash on the product and still have it covered.

At best you'll get the 3-years 36,000 mile warranty. I'm not sure about the laws in AZ... but in Texas the dealer has to prove that your modification caused the failure. My 1" aftermarket lift doesn't cause my stereo to malfunction.. though it MAY have caused a premature wear on the CV.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
A dealer-installed lift would not likely void the manufacturer warranty. However, third party warranties, like the ones promoted on TV would be different. Most of those warranties are filled with voids. I would be very careful adding any lift, especially on a new build, without dealer or manufacturer approval. Even a 1-inch lift can alter safety sensors and suspension sensitivity. You would also need to have the alignment checked and adjusted by the dealer, which is not inexpensive - and they generally frown on consumer modifications.

I am not aware of any dealer lift kit offered by Ford yet for the BS?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
You must either not have a lot of modding experience (which I doubt since you are a storm chaser). Or have had really really horrible dealerships to deal with. Maybe its an AZ thing?

While I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying about safety sensors and suspension changes... a lift is especially a minor lift at 1" and below is probably one of the mods that least affect other things, with exception to CVs. Without knowing the exact degree of change that the CV sees after the mod, we won't know how much it will be affected.

For sure... the CV axles are going to be one of those wear & tear items that the warrantee is vague upon covering.

Case in point: base model badlands has a 28.5" tire and the updated tire is 29". I find it hard to believe that safety sensors would be effectively different from a bald 28.5" (nearly 28") tire and a new 29" tire. Loading some cargo or passengers in the car effectively changes the ride height as well.

Will Safety sensors be affected... Literally.. yes as the cameras and sensors will see an ever so slightly different angle... Will it be affected in over all driving.. Probably not. If you lift it 4 feet from the original state.. yea the sensor will probably not see that smart car that fits underneath it.

I agree with needing an alignment after lift. I don't agree with Ford dealer doing it for highway robbery. Same reason I don't take it to the dealer for new tires or oil changes... there a so many more cost savings alternative.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
I haven’t got to the finish line on the lift kit subject with my dealer, but my guy (fleet sales manager) and I had spoken about lifts. Whether true or not, he spoke regarding lifts and mods as the dealers choice to do or not to do.

A few years ago he would not have recommended his dealership as a place to do them, but they decided to get into it as more folks asked. Now, they have an all star team that knows what they’re doing. He specifically stated that Dearborn has nothing to do with the offer of lifts.

I also recall him saying in house equals warranty, outside all bets off... but that’s where we left the conversation.

Smcqueary

Badlands
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
The lift makes the Sport look great, and the vehicle should look like that from the factory. It's just too low. One of my biggest deal-breakers is the silly ground clearance, which should be at least 10" minimum on any serious off-road vehicle. It could be the engineering of the Sport does not allow it to be lifted because of balance / roll over issues?

The other problem is that third-party lifts, not installed by the dealer completely voids the warranty.

Glad someone confirmed the rear seats fold flat.
My dealer said don’t lift more than 3 in and the warranty will remain in tact
Sponsored