RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
I agree with everything @RogueRodney said except on my Heritage Limited 235’s I have the 1.25” spacers and no rubbing.
Tigger:

Thanks for that! The 1.25" Spacer may be my next purchase...(cause for some reason the Credit Card company keeps handing me rope to hang myself with).

To "Dude's" Post, I haven't tried the test (not really very scientific) at full lock over ruts (would think I could simulate with a curb?). So I'll need to try that.

Adrian: I don't know that I was actually posting the response to you, but in regards to your question:
Will wheel spacers (adapters) work to go from the factory 5x108 wheels to 5x114.3 wheels without rubbing issues? 2023 Bronco Sport OuterBanks no lift.

I don't think the question is quite that straight forward. I looked at adapters a ton. My understanding is that they are effectively just spacers that adjust the bolt pattern.

Assuming my thinking is right, then I would think you are looking at the limitations of the spacers (apparently 1.25" from Tigger's post), not to mention the tires your running on once you make the adjustments and get the wheels. (We didn't mention offset above which will also factor in).

I was surprised to find there are many companies that wouldn't install the Spacers, I think that likely has to do with the liability issues surrounding the performance dynamics that FakeCowboy referenced.

However while many companies are unwilling to go near the spacers, even fewer seemed willing to embrace the adapters... My guess is additional stresses and changes in the performance dynamics.

In short, I don't think anyone can answer your question the way you asked it. Kinda like saying if I climb on a plane will it crash. I think you will need to post some information on the dimensions of the spacers (links if you have them), the Wheel you plan to use (Offset will be important), and the Tires you plan to use.

Happy Trails Guys...

OK, small share here it's been ages since i had a "real" vacation (November 21?). I'm taking 4 days next week to enjoy the Lyrids, and while I'm away I'm going off road for my first time. After that I should have some pics to introduce my ride, pretty excited, as I'm tired of working behind a computer every weekend....

RR
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
“ … To "Dude's" Post, I haven't tried the test (not really very scientific) at full lock over ruts (would think I could simulate with a curb?). So I'll need to try that. “
I don’t know if you could use a curb thus simulating articulation at partial to full lock to check for tires rubbing. But others reading your original post will know about the articulation.

My badlands has no lift (that doesn’t matter), no spacers and I’m driving the stock Perrelli 225 65 17 tires until they wear out out before replacing them with 235 65 17 (off road) tires. I’ve heard from enough people that said they do get some rubbing (at full articulation, wheels lock) (or a full braking) with 245 65 17 tires (badlands also no lift, no spacers). while others say 245s work for them with no rubbing. My informal poll says it’s about a 40:60 mix of people stating rubbing to those stating no rubbing (all else being equal and again for Badlands, no lift, no spacers).
I know it depends on things like 29.5”, 30” etc tires but the 235s will be fine for me.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
@RogueRodney .. excellent post! Good summary info and lots of data from a data analyst ! I would assume you might need to add another test with the wheel at full lock and going over ruts that cause partial to full articulation… I think it was Meanderthal (or someone else) that posted about that. Apology if you did cover that in your post .. if so I missed it.

thanks for the info!
Funny when you said good summary with lots of data from a data analyst made me think. I was a truck driver and when we would get an MT container dropped a little low the standard line was Dont be a pu**y and just HIT it, It will get on there lol. That thought might be an issue off roading LMAO.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is part of the thread Meanderthal was referring to. This photo clearly shows the pinch weld.

I think you are going to have a rubbing issue with that big of a spacer and the K02. Moving the wheel/tire out like that puts it closer to the pinch weld (which is the rubbing problem for the BS) when the wheel is turned and the suspension is compressed somewhat.

Here is the pinch weld exposed:
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_5722

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Funny when you said good summary with lots of data from a data analyst made me think. I was a truck driver and when we would get an MT container dropped a little low the standard line was Dont be a pu**y and just HIT it, It will get on there lol. That thought might be an issue off roading LMAO.
That probably made the driving job even more fun!
Sponsored