Smcqueary

Badlands
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I put 245/65/17s on my badlands. No rubbing and they are awesome! I wanted to space them out 1.5”. I bought the spacers and put them on. They are perfect EXCEPT they hit at the turn lock out.

Attached a pic of the wheel with the spacer.

trying to figure out of lifting it will help? Or what level of hit/rub is acceptable?

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Rubbing limits 90F7C2E7-8FDC-4E70-A3F5-DB22B2E9996C
Sponsored

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Not sure how the spacers change the point you’re hitting, but FordBroncoLifts trimmed a pinch weld flange and some carpet to fit 30.5s. That flange seems to be the limit regardless of lift.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-base-build-2-level-kit-30-5-bfg-km3-tires-light-bar-4-rigid-light-pods.1782/post-32979
Correct, that is the limiting factor. You also have to consider dynamic clearance to that flange - your worst case is going to be driving ~15mph with the wheel slightly turns inboard and stomping on the brakes.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
245 tires rub at max turning and articulation. Nobody wants to admit so they can justify their purchase. A guy in one of the Facebook groups posted a video of BFGs on his badlands in 245/65/17 and the absolutely did rub at full lock and wouldn’t be suitable for off road at all.

Bandit 1

Badlands
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I put 245/65/17s on my badlands. No rubbing and they are awesome! I wanted to space them out 1.5”. I bought the spacers and put them on. They are perfect EXCEPT they hit at the turn lock out.

Attached a pic of the wheel with the spacer.

trying to figure out of lifting it will help? Or what level of hit/rub is acceptable?

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Rubbing limits 90F7C2E7-8FDC-4E70-A3F5-DB22B2E9996C
Do you have a link to the spacer?

gavin28x

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can you post a picture of them hitting when the wheels are turned? I was actually looking into something similar, except instead of a spacer, I was going to do an adapter to go from 5x108 to 5x114.3 so I could get something like a Cragar Soft 8 on their, but with the adapter, and the offset of the Rim, it was going to push me out an inch or so. Do you think it would rub if it was only an inch instead of the full 1.5"?

Adrian

Outer Banks
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Can you post a picture of them hitting when the wheels are turned? I was actually looking into something similar, except instead of a spacer, I was going to do an adapter to go from 5x108 to 5x114.3 so I could get something like a Cragar Soft 8 on their, but with the adapter, and the offset of the Rim, it was going to push me out an inch or so. Do you think it would rub if it was only an inch instead of the full 1.5"?
Did you ever try adapters or know anyone who did to the 5x114’s and if it worked cleared ok

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
BS'ers:

There have been a ton of conversations on this issue (not saying this isn't a good post/topic, just that this has been covered alot by some truly incredible people who have shared their experiences. Checkout Meanderthal's Posts pertaining to Olive).

I've got a 23 Bronco Sport Badlands, Lifted with the Ford Ranger Lifts kit at 1.75". I'm running on the upgraded Falken 235/65/17's, with 1" spacers.

I do not rub, however, at full lock (right/left), if I take a 10 pages of white paper, I can just slide them between the tire and fabric (no rubbing); however, the tires leave marks on the paper. I don't know that 20 would slide by without tearing the paper.

My understanding is if you are running without spacers 245/65/17's do not rub in general (maybe with some of the more off road aggressive variants there could be slight rubbing), with a 1" spacer I think you are limited to 235/65/17.

Fellow poster Delm got adventerous with a 255/70/17 and had to do some minor adjustments to get his tires to work. He reports no rubbing, but there are other factors that you may want to consider there.

My understanding is that lifting the Bronco doesn't change the size of tire you can run, the limiting factor is the "pinch weld" at the back of the front tires.

Here are the spacers I'm running on:
https://www.titanwheelaccessories.com/products/1-25mm-titan-wheel-spacers-for-ford-bronco-sport-escape-5x4-25-5x108-63-4-hubcentric-12x1-5-studs-set-of-4

Note, I'm not advocating spacers, there are those out (FakeCowboy) there that feel any spacer is a bad idea. It does apparently change the acceleration and braking dynamics of the vehicle so from that perspective they are 100% correct. I "need" my spacers because I have the bolt on fender flares and I wouldn't get my tire out as far without it. But if you don't have that, you should get an aggressive look with the 245/65/17's. For the Bronco Sport, I can say that so far even at speed I've felt comfortable and in control. If this was a Wrangler, I would take them off.

I personally liked my 1" spacers so much I decided to order the 2" spacers from the same group, but after I realized how little space i had to operate, I sent them back without even opening the package. (Note, if you are thinking of just trying it and sending back you do get hit with restock fees).

I don't know that going to a 1.5" will rub (if you go that way, please post, but make sure you test it with the paper at full lock (unless someone has a better test)), but I think you likely will experience a rub at anything over 1" on 235's and with 245's at 1".

Maybe if you could find a 1/2" spacer it might be worth a try.

One mention, I'm a data analyst and know almost nothing about cars, everything I posted above (short of my own experience with the 1" spacers) is second hand from some really incredible people on this site, such as Meanderthal, FakeCowboy, Delm, and likely too many others to mention. They really have made this forum an excellent experience.

Whatever decision you make safe travels and Happy Trails.

RR

Adrian

Outer Banks
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
BS'ers:

There have been a ton of conversations on this issue (not saying this isn't a good post/topic, just that this has been covered alot by some truly incredible people who have shared their experiences. Checkout Meanderthal's Posts pertaining to Olive).

I've got a 23 Bronco Sport Badlands, Lifted with the Ford Ranger Lifts kit at 1.75". I'm running on the upgraded Falken 235/65/17's, with 1" spacers.

I do not rub, however, at full lock (right/left), if I take a 10 pages of white paper, I can just slide them between the tire and fabric (no rubbing); however, the tires leave marks on the paper. I don't know that 20 would slide by without tearing the paper.

My understanding is if you are running without spacers 245/65/17's do not rub in general (maybe with some of the more off road aggressive variants there could be slight rubbing), with a 1" spacer I think you are limited to 235/65/17.

Fellow poster Delm got adventerous with a 255/70/17 and had to do some minor adjustments to get his tires to work. He reports no rubbing, but there are other factors that you may want to consider there.

My understanding is that lifting the Bronco doesn't change the size of tire you can run, the limiting factor is the "pinch weld" at the back of the front tires.

Here are the spacers I'm running on:
https://www.titanwheelaccessories.com/products/1-25mm-titan-wheel-spacers-for-ford-bronco-sport-escape-5x4-25-5x108-63-4-hubcentric-12x1-5-studs-set-of-4

Note, I'm not advocating spacers, there are those out (FakeCowboy) there that feel any spacer is a bad idea. It does apparently change the acceleration and braking dynamics of the vehicle so from that perspective they are 100% correct. I "need" my spacers because I have the bolt on fender flares and I wouldn't get my tire out as far without it. But if you don't have that, you should get an aggressive look with the 245/65/17's. For the Bronco Sport, I can say that so far even at speed I've felt comfortable and in control. If this was a Wrangler, I would take them off.

I personally liked my 1" spacers so much I decided to order the 2" spacers from the same group, but after I realized how little space i had to operate, I sent them back without even opening the package. (Note, if you are thinking of just trying it and sending back you do get hit with restock fees).

I don't know that going to a 1.5" will rub (if you go that way, please post, but make sure you test it with the paper at full lock (unless someone has a better test)), but I think you likely will experience a rub at anything over 1" on 235's and with 245's at 1".

Maybe if you could find a 1/2" spacer it might be worth a try.

One mention, I'm a data analyst and know almost nothing about cars, everything I posted above (short of my own experience with the 1" spacers) is second hand from some really incredible people on this site, such as Meanderthal, FakeCowboy, Delm, and likely too many others to mention. They really have made this forum an excellent experience.

Whatever decision you make safe travels and Happy Trails.

RR
I have read all this before but it’s not my question not looking for biggest tire or lifts but changing bolt pattern with an adapter if still room to clear.

Last edited:

Adrian

Outer Banks
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Will wheel spacers (adapters) work to go from the factory 5x108 wheels to 5x114.3 wheels without rubbing issues? 2023 Bronco Sport OuterBanks no lift.

Asking cause I have aftermarket wheels from traded in Explorer.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I agree with everything @RogueRodney said except on my Heritage Limited 235’s I have the 1.25” spacers and no rubbing.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
.. “but make sure you test it with the paper at full lock (unless someone has a better test)…
@RogueRodney .. excellent post! Good summary info and lots of data from a data analyst ! I would assume you might need to add another test with the wheel at full lock and going over ruts that cause partial to full articulation… I think it was Meanderthal (or someone else) that posted about that. Apology if you did cover that in your post .. if so I missed it.

thanks for the info!
Sponsored