Badlands ordered, Ford changing options.

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
Granger is a sponsor on this forum. More than a tad disappointing they have not reached out to you or responded on this thread.

Something seems amiss.
When I called the dealer in April he said all the orders are sitting at Ford waiting to go
Sponsored

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That's a surprise that they would force remove it from a already placed order. Unless they didn't place it when you originally thought, and then now that they are placing it they can't because they waited too long.
Commodity restraints are a day to day thing unfortunately. As a former Ford dealer we've had to deal with this for many years. It's obviously way worse now. I would suggest you tell them you can only decide if you want to cancel once you know what options it is going to come with. Ie; after it's serialized. They can just put it into their stock inventory since they are so popular

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 2500, KLR, Bronco Sport Badlands on order
It's possible Ford just effed up and sent out the Maverick email to a BS order holder. The wording of the full size spare clues me in that this is not about a Badlands.
I scanned the posts, quickly, not sure what wording on full size spare you are referring to, and why Maverick related not Badlands.

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't been on for a few days - getting to be too hard to take some info. This makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, and have been considering other options before reading this string. Ordered/Confirmed 12/13 and still no word, just finger pointing. Even if I get a notice Th/Fr, estimate 2 months to build, a month for delivery (S.W.A.G) on duration windows, I'm looking at late August / Early September.

And this was before items potentially falling off the build order. I knew things were up again when the warning windows started popping on the Build Pages of multiple Models last week. Had hoped we were past that "Acknowledge" button when it first showed in March and then went away.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I scanned the posts, quickly, not sure what wording on full size spare you are referring to, and why Maverick related not Badlands.
FSS is an option on Maverick, standard on BSBL. Plus Ford sent out email to Maverick order holders telling them certain constraints were keeping their vehicles from being scheduled.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Sounds like dealer will delete to get vehicle built. Never heard of Ford ever automatically deleting options from an ordered vehicle. Usually you get choice to delete option or continue to wait. Sounds like dealer lying to me...
Ford does one of two things typically. They let the dealer know a vehicle with certain options has a low probability of being built or may even be balanced out (not built) for this model year. It is up to the dealer to communicate that information to the customer so they can decide which course of action to take. Prior to the pandemic dealer transferring one in was a viable option.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Commodity restraints are a day to day thing unfortunately. As a former Ford dealer we've had to deal with this for many years. It's obviously way worse now. I would suggest you tell them you can only decide if you want to cancel once you know what options it is going to come with. Ie; after it's serialized. They can just put it into their stock inventory since they are so popular
Agreed. It's the "we'll let you know when it's done" that's the problem.

If it were a regular dealer then no biggie as most only require $100. Imagine though you just forked over $1000 for the BS you want only to find out it's a crapshoot on what options Ford will give you.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the 360 Assist + will be gone, along with the towing package.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Agreed. It's the "we'll let you know when it's done" that's the problem.

If it were a regular dealer then no biggie as most only require $100. Imagine though you just forked over $1000 for the BS you want only to find out it's a crapshoot on what options Ford will give you.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the 360 Assist + will be gone, along with the towing package.
Broken contract, refund the money and walk away. They can stock it and sell it to someone else. Unfortunately all dealers will have the same constraints so you don't get what you want, crazy times!

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Totally agree (Ford retiree).

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I have a serial # and it is showing in production. Do you think my unit will be affected?
You should have access to the window sticker now, that will tell you what it will be built with. Also the VIN would give you information on what is included.

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FSS is an option on Maverick, standard on BSBL. Plus Ford sent out email to Maverick order holders telling them certain constraints were keeping their vehicles from being scheduled.
Just curious, as there have been previous reports of missing full size spares, and was raised as a possible constraint before. Don't know if build was a Badland, or other level with Tow Pkg or as an option.

"Mine was supposed to come with a full-size spare but came with absolutely no spare at all. They threw in a donut, "

O Nelly

Badlands
First Name
Judy and Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Received th following email yesterday from my dealer, ordered it on 4/8/2022:

"I am reaching out to let you know that the premium package and the full size spare are causing delays with orders. In order for Ford to get these vehicles produced, they are going to be taking those off and anything else that would be considered a commodity restraint. This will be happening automatically on May 8th."

Along with this it is giving me option to cancel order. Anyone else receive anything like this? Original order had Premium package, 360+, Falkens, Towing, Grey roof, Cargo management.
[/QUO

It is a shame that this is happening. I'm seeing more and more BS models running around and I think this could hurt their reputation.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Haven't been on for a few days - getting to be too hard to take some info. This makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, and have been considering other options before reading this string. Ordered/Confirmed 12/13 and still no word, just finger pointing. Even if I get a notice Th/Fr, estimate 2 months to build, a month for delivery (S.W.A.G) on duration windows, I'm looking at late August / Early September.

And this was before items potentially falling off the build order. I knew things were up again when the warning windows started popping on the Build Pages of multiple Models last week. Had hoped we were past that "Acknowledge" button when it first showed in March and then went away.
This does not look right. Recently many BL w those constraint options, ordered early this year, were scheduled including mine.

update........maybe I should be worry as well...where is the moonroof and CMS???

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands ordered, Ford changing options. 1652449153847
Sponsored

Last edited: