JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I did notice a Nav screen (map) on the display of the Outer Banks we drove, and we had left our phones in our vehicles, so it wasn't CarPlay or Android Auto. Otherwise, we didn't delve into the Nav.

Now, the less than stellar:
I spent some time evaluating the Bang & Olufsen audio and was underwhelmed. I could not get it to sound any better than the non-Bose system in my wife's CX-5. I expected better audio controls (like EQ settings) on a $1500 upgrade, but I only found low, midrange, high virtual sliders. It had plenty of bass, but the highs (vocals) were tinny and I couldn't equalize it out with the available controls. I was also disappointed to see that HD Radio is only offered with the B&O option, whereas other vehicles offer it on their non-premium systems. Bottom line is that I really enjoyed the vehicle but may have to pass on the B&O, and look to the aftermarket to enhance the system, even if I lose HD radio. I realize this is subjective, and I'm picky, so results and impression may vary.
Ugh - I don’t like this at all lol. I ordered the outer banks package only because I wanted the B&O system.
Sponsored

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I love all of this! Thanks for the feedback, I’m hoping to test drive an outer banks this week. All the dealers around me only have stock models so far :/

I’m glad you were impressed with the 1.5 also! I’ve been second guessing my decision to go with the outer banks because of the 1.5 - but I don’t really love the look of the Badlands wheels and grill.
I Felt the same way about the Badlands grill but it grew on me. I think it should have been black like the OB grill. I ended up going BL for the bigger engine and all leather seats.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ugh - I don’t like this at all lol. I ordered the outer banks package only because I wanted the B&O system.
Strong possibility that it's just me. Truth is, I've usually had to go aftermarket as I've been disappointed with most OEM systems. Anything other than silk dome tweeters usually sound harsh to me for highs and vocals. I may end up with the B&O and add a signal processor or a dash speaker upgrade if necessary. Please report your impressions when you get an opportunity. You may be completely satisfied as-is.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
App
This makes me feel so much better about choosing the ebony roast in my outer banks! It’s been very hard to get a feel for it in the pics/videos I’ve seen.
Appreciate your comments as I have been back and forth on OB vs BL due to leather seats and engine. This is my wife car and she will only be only driving around town with little to no need for off-roading, so concerned if 1.5 would have enough acceleration.

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have an OB w/o OB package and it does have the auto hold. I use the apple car play for my navigation. I think you can get navigation without apple carplay but have to purchase something (Im just sticking with car play).

Also, I can attest to the ebony roast interior being awesome. The copper/bronze accents are a really nice touch. And the leather wrapped/heated steering wheel is a 10/10.

The 1.5L has plenty of get up in my opinion for a sub-compact SUV.

I've been loving my outer banks, though I'm easy to please since my last car was an 02 camry lol

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
A positive surprise:
The Ebony Roast Leather Trim looked great in person. Some of the stock photos show the accent pieces as looking orangish. These trim pieces are actually a rich metallic bronze color that must be difficult to photograph realistically, as it looks much better in person than any of the photos I've seen.
The interior of the Outer Banks was so striking that it is the primary reason I am rethinking the Big Bend.
I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the ebony/roast interior in person on my OB. Much better looking than the web photos.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
On the OB, you need the Co-pilot 360 assist + package added.
Maybe that was what got it for me. I will edit my original post.
Sponsored