JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Does anyone know if the auto hold/stop feature is available on the outer banks? I’ve seen there is a feature when you are at a stop light - you press the button and the car stops for you without touching the brake.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Does anyone know if the auto stop feature is available on the outer banks? I’ve seen there is a feature when you are at a stop light - you press the button and the car stops for you without touching the brake.
I assume. It was on the Big Bend I test drove and that one didn’t even have a BB package.

OP
OP

JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I assume. It was on the Big Bend I test drove and that one didn’t even have a BB package.
Thanks man, I just watched a video and it’s called auto hold. I haven’t seen that many videos on the interior on the outer banks.

How was the test ride on the Big Bend?

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Thanks man, I just watched a video and it’s called auto hold. I haven’t seen that many videos on the interior on the outer banks.

How was the test ride on the Big Bend?
I really liked it. I was a little worried about the 1.5 but I thought it had plenty of power. It was strange because the BS looked a little small when I walked up on it but sitting in it has plenty of room. The auto hold is right next to the parking break button near the goat mode dial.

OP
OP

JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I really liked it. I was a little worried about the 1.5 but I thought it had plenty of power. It was strange because the BS looked a little small when I walked up on it but sitting in it has plenty of room. The auto hold is right next to the parking break button near the goat mode dial.
Nice! I was a little worried about the 1.5 too - keep second guessing my choice to go with the Outer banks over the badlands. I’m waiting to test drive - I’ve only seen a base model up close, so it’s hard to get a feel really.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Nice! I was a little worried about the 1.5 too - keep second guessing my choice to go with the Outer banks over the badlands. I’m waiting to test drive - I’ve only seen a base model up close, so it’s hard to get a feel really.
Yeah I would recommend you drive a 1.5 when you can, even if a different trim.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
We drove an Outer Banks (with Outer Banks package) today and it did have the Auto Hold feature located exactly where TheMalamute described. I tested it at stop lights, but not for stopping, only holding after stopping with the pedal. It worked as I expected, similar to my wife's CX-5.

I was impressed with the 1.5. Power was certainly adequate for my needs. I was actually more concerned from earlier reports of strange harmonics and oddities. While I noticed a slight momentary buzz once while accelerating, it wasn't much different than passing through a harmonic on a typical Asian 4-cylinder. In other words, I was looking for it and found it, but it was insignificant and not bothersome. I really enjoyed driving the vehicle.

I will have to think hard about trim levels now. The Outer Banks is really nice. The dealer has a Big Bend that wasn't serviced yet. I plan to go back when it becomes available for comparison.

OP
OP

JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
We drove an Outer Banks (with Outer Banks package) today and it did have the Auto Hold feature located exactly where TheMalamute described. I tested it at stop lights, but not for stopping, only holding after stopping with the pedal. It worked as I expected, similar to my wife's CX-5.

I was impressed with the 1.5. Power was certainly adequate for my needs. I was actually more concerned from earlier reports of strange harmonics and oddities. While I noticed a slight momentary buzz once while accelerating, it wasn't much different than passing through a harmonic on a typical Asian 4-cylinder. In other words, I was looking for it and found it, but it was insignificant and not bothersome. I really enjoyed driving the vehicle.

I will have to think hard about trim levels now. The Outer Banks is really nice. The dealer has a Big Bend that wasn't serviced yet. I plan to go back when it becomes available for comparison.
I love all of this! Thanks for the feedback, I’m hoping to test drive an outer banks this week. All the dealers around me only have stock models so far :/

I’m glad you were impressed with the 1.5 also! I’ve been second guessing my decision to go with the outer banks because of the 1.5 - but I don’t really love the look of the Badlands wheels and grill.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I love all of this! Thanks for the feedback, I’m hoping to test drive an outer banks this week. All the dealers around me only have stock models so far :/

I’m glad you were impressed with the 1.5 also! I’ve been second guessing my decision to go with the outer banks because of the 1.5 - but I don’t really love the look of the Badlands wheels and grill.
Yeah I I think the BB and OB grills actually look a lot better than the BL grill.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Did you notice if the Outer banks had a navigation system?
I drove a BB so can’t say. Did t spend the time looking into it on that trim. I’m not too worried about Nav, the old iPhone usually doesn’t fail me and if I am going off the grid I rely on satellite based MGRS via a garmin.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Did you notice if the Outer banks had a navigation system?
Both BB and Outer Banks get the Nav system with the Assist+. Or at least I know for sure BB is that way.

Last edited:

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I did notice a Nav screen (map) on the display of the Outer Banks we drove, and we had left our phones in our vehicles, so it wasn't CarPlay or Android Auto. Otherwise, we didn't delve into the Nav.

Now, the less than stellar:
I spent some time evaluating the Bang & Olufsen audio and was underwhelmed. I could not get it to sound any better than the non-Bose system in my wife's CX-5. I expected better audio controls (like EQ settings) on a $1500 upgrade, but I only found low, midrange, high virtual sliders. It had plenty of bass, but the highs (vocals) were tinny and I couldn't equalize it out with the available controls. I was also disappointed to see that HD Radio is only offered with the B&O option, whereas other vehicles offer it on their non-premium systems. Bottom line is that I really enjoyed the vehicle but may have to pass on the B&O, and look to the aftermarket to enhance the system, even if I lose HD radio. I realize this is subjective, and I'm picky, so results and impression may vary.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
A positive surprise:
The Ebony Roast Leather Trim looked great in person. Some of the stock photos show the accent pieces as looking orangish. These trim pieces are actually a rich metallic bronze color that must be difficult to photograph realistically, as it looks much better in person than any of the photos I've seen.
The interior of the Outer Banks was so striking that it is the primary reason I am rethinking the Big Bend.

OP
OP

JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
A positive surprise:
The Ebony Roast Leather Trim looked great in person. Some of the stock photos show the accent pieces as looking orangish. These trim pieces are actually a rich metallic bronze color that must be difficult to photograph realistically, as it looks much better in person than any of the photos I've seen.
The interior of the Outer Banks was so striking that it is the primary reason I am rethinking the Big Bend.
This makes me feel so much better about choosing the ebony roast in my outer banks! It’s been very hard to get a feel for it in the pics/videos I’ve seen.
Sponsored