Meagan1

Big Bend
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a 2022 bronco sport big bend that I got in April of 2022. Since I drove it home the audio will randomly glitch and skip forward like half a second in the song. There is no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell. Has anyone had this issue and had it fixed? I’m worried it will lead to something worse breaking down
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have a 2022 bronco sport big bend that I got in April of 2022. Since I drove it home the audio will randomly glitch and skip forward like half a second in the song. There is no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell. Has anyone had this issue and had it fixed? I’m worried it will lead to something worse breaking down
He is a thread about the issue, I'm guessing you are using Bluetooth with the phone?

Sometimes just using the usb cable plugged into the phone will help.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi there, Meagan! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN number and dealer info, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Badwolf13

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
My 2021 Big Bend does the same thing when I have my Android Phone plugged in and am using it for audio.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Same issue, it's about a half second of audio skip randomly. Happens at least once a trip, usually leaving my house. It could be that I am going off the wifi network onto cellular data that is causing it. However, it does occur randomly out and about too.

I use bluetooth and android auto connections.

OP
OP

Meagan1

Big Bend
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same issue, it's about a half second of audio skip randomly. Happens at least once a trip, usually leaving my house. It could be that I am going off the wifi network onto cellular data that is causing it. However, it does occur randomly out and about too.

I use bluetooth and android auto connections.
have you found out any info about it?

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
have you found out any info about it?
Nothing concrete. However, I can confirm that when I leave work and home, as soon as I drop out of WiFi range, the audio skips (most likely the buffer from WiFi to Cellular switch). This happens 100% of the time. In fact, since replying to this thread it's almost an inside joke "here comes the skip!"

However, it does also occur randomly, and my phone is not setup to connect to random hotspots automatically (I have AT&T and have their auto-hotspot disabled.)

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I also run into this. I thought it was from switching from 5G to LTE but haven't confirmed. It's irritating! But in the fusion I had before I'd have to hard reset the Sync system at least three times a week to get it to recognize my phone. New cables often, and changing USB ports. So I'll take a half-second skip for now.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
However, I can confirm that when I leave work and home, as soon as I drop out of WiFi range, the audio skips (most likely the buffer from WiFi to Cellular switch). This happens 100% of the time.
There is a switch in the advanced WiFi settings for Android phones called "Switch to mobile data." It tells the phone to switch to mobile when the WiFi signal gets weak rather than waiting until it's gone.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I get this through usb playing music. I called it micro stutter in another thread. Is really annoying. Using CarPlay I only get in when the music starts playing the first song or changing a song and then seems ok. CarPlay and Sirius are the only sources that don’t sound like poop. Good luck getting it fixed, same with the incessant rattles/creaks this thing has. Fords service departments suck for warranty and paid work. Nothing actually gets fixed. I’m guessing this isn’t going to get fixed either. Good luck

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have the same thing happen just listening to FM radio.
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this FM Radio concern on my end.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I also run into this. I thought it was from switching from 5G to LTE but haven't confirmed. It's irritating! But in the fusion I had before I'd have to hard reset the Sync system at least three times a week to get it to recognize my phone. New cables often, and changing USB ports. So I'll take a half-second skip for now.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Sponsored