Anyone running Firestone Destination AT2s?

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
So my local Discount will do 235/70/17s for a great price $154 instead of the usual $218. And a $60 rebate. So about to go to a store in a low tax area Monday and put in my order.

Does anyone have pics of a Bronco Sport with the Firestone AT2s any size tire?
Sponsored

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
So my local Discount will do 235/70/17s for a great price $154 instead of the usual $218. And a $60 rebate. So about to go to a store in a low tax area Monday and put in my order.

Does anyone have pics of a Bronco Sport with the Firestone AT2s any size tire?
Yes I do and I joy them quite a bit. I went with 245/65r17. They are light weight compared to some of the other popular choices and I feel as though they are responsive. They also did great going to Big Bend. Have nothing but positive things to say about them.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone running Firestone Destination AT2s? 20220601_151156

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone running Firestone Destination AT2s? 20220601_132206

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone running Firestone Destination AT2s? 20220507_170332

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Pay for what you get.. firestones are a horrible tire in my opinion.. right up there with these damn continentals

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pay for what you get.. firestones are a horrible tire in my opinion.. right up there with these damn continentals
That makes zero sense considering prices aren't too far off. Wondering where your basis comes from. The destination A/T2 is marginally lower score wise when compared to the others with the biggest difference being in the offroad category likely due to the none reinforced sidewall. This leads to a lighter tire though that still performs great.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
That makes zero sense considering prices aren't too far off. Wondering where your basis comes from. The destination A/T2 is marginally lower score wise when compared to the others with the biggest difference being in the offroad category likely due to the none reinforced sidewall. This leads to a lighter tire though that still performs great.
Like i said firrstone and continentals suck.. same price, same shit tire..

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah so completely baseless opinion got it. Was just wondering. Thought maybe you had tried each tire in the A/T category and had some personal insight into the matter.

Seejaytoo

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Yes I do and I joy them quite a bit. I went with 245/65r17. They are light weight compared to some of the other popular choices and I feel as though they are responsive. They also did great going to Big Bend. Have nothing but positive things to say about them.
Agreed. I had them on my Ranger and was very impressed with them. Surprisingly good in the snow too. However, I never really pushed them off-road so I can’t comment there. But was planning on going with them again on the BS (if it ever gets scheduled 😒). I think they are a great AT option that doesn’t totally wreck on-road performance and efficiency. Thanks for the pics 👍

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Both the A/T and the A/T2 seem to be well liked by owners.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+A/T

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+A/T2

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
After 40 plus vehicles i have tried a bunch of tires.. including the firestone.. i will only put falken, toyo, or yokohama on an suv or truck. Like i ssid get what you pay for

GR3EN

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 40 plus vehicles i have tried a bunch of tires.. including the firestone.. i will only put falken, toyo, or yokohama on an suv or truck. Like i ssid get what you pay for
Get what you pay for usually refers to some extensive price difference. An extra $18 per tire is not some extensive difference. You continue on believing as you will though. No need to bash a brand though just because of personal opinion though versus facts. Just move along.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
Just my experience here, I put a set of Destination A/T's on a 2008 v6 Escape 4wd back around 2012, before moving to Fort Collins Colorado. The next year we moved in August. That same year, in December, we traveled back to SoCal for Christmas. We hit a blizzard going over the pass ( Eisenhower/Johnson tunnels) around 1030a. When other vehicles were slipping and sliding over and off the road, we managed it along with the semi's who were chained up! They were our only obstacles as they were going a lot faster than us and threw slush up on our windshield. The outside temp was somewhere around 20°, I believe. We made it to the east Vail off ramp where I had to pull off to try and clear the ice off the windshield, wipers were useless. No ice scraper! I had a spray bottle of simple green which somehow didn't freeze upon contact and I was able to clear enough to continue driving to a gas station that had window cleaner that wasn't iced over and we were able to continue west. Less than 20 miles further, the storm abated and the trip was uneventful until we hit another snow storm just east of Richfield Utah. The same scenario as above only in the dark! Again, no slipping or sliding, just up and over the mountain to our hotel. We didn't encounter anything that severe afterward, but I will attest to these tires being everything that an A/T tire is meant to be. I traded that Escape in with those tires, having put around 40k on them and the tread looked good. I'm about to put a set of at2's on my BSBB. 235/65r17's. The nice thing about these is their weight. 29lbs! Once I've got them on and some miles on them, I'll report. Sorry for the looong response, but I thought you'd all like a first hand recounting of a real life driving condition.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just my experience here, I put a set of Destination A/T's on a 2008 v6 Escape 4wd back around 2012, before moving to Fort Collins Colorado. The next year we moved in August. That same year, in December, we traveled back to SoCal for Christmas. We hit a blizzard going over the pass ( Eisenhower/Johnson tunnels) around 1030a. When other vehicles were slipping and sliding over and off the road, we managed it along with the semi's who were chained up! They were our only obstacles as they were going a lot faster than us and threw slush up on our windshield. The outside temp was somewhere around 20°, I believe. We made it to the east Vail off ramp where I had to pull off to try and clear the ice off the windshield, wipers were useless. No ice scraper! I had a spray bottle of simple green which somehow didn't freeze upon contact and I was able to clear enough to continue driving to a gas station that had window cleaner that wasn't iced over and we were able to continue west. Less than 20 miles further, the storm abated and the trip was uneventful until we hit another snow storm just east of Richfield Utah. The same scenario as above only in the dark! Again, no slipping or sliding, just up and over the mountain to our hotel. We didn't encounter anything that severe afterward, but I will attest to these tires being everything that an A/T tire is meant to be. I traded that Escape in with those tires, having put around 40k on them and the tread looked good. I'm about to put a set of at2's on my BSBB. 235/65r17's. The nice thing about these is their weight. 29lbs! Once I've got them on and some miles on them, I'll report. Sorry for the looong response, but I thought you'd all like a first hand recounting of a real life driving condition.
That was a vivid description! I remember traveling with my Dad one winter. He was an over-the-road driver, and back then taking passengers along wasn't verboten. We were somewhere in Nebraska when the weather closed in. The snow was so heavy the only way to see the highway markings was when the truck in front blew the snow off the road. We traveled what seemed to me a very long way with Dad on the CB radio directing the driver in front to turn left or right to keep him on the road. Eventually, the blowing snow became so bad we had to stop. We took an exit and ended up parked at some roadside diner. There were some 20-30 people already there as I recall. We spent the night sleeping on the floor. The next morning we went out to see how much snow had fallen. The wind had created deep drifts everywhere; Dad and I walked up the steep side of one drift to look for the truck when we realized we were standing on top of the trailer.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
That was a vivid description! I remember traveling with my Dad one winter. He was an over-the-road driver, and back then taking passengers along wasn't verboten. We were somewhere in Nebraska when the weather closed in. The snow was so heavy the only way to see the highway markings was when the truck in front blew the snow off the road. We traveled what seemed to me a very long way with Dad on the CB radio directing the driver in front to turn left or right to keep him on the road. Eventually, the blowing snow became so bad we had to stop. We took an exit and ended up parked at some roadside diner. There were some 20-30 people already there as I recall. We spent the night sleeping on the floor. The next morning we went out to see how much snow had fallen. The wind had created deep drifts everywhere; Dad and I walked up the steep side of one drift to look for the truck when we realized we were standing on top of the trailer.
That is crazy! Fortunately for us, the storm hit around Georgetown (below the tunnels) but by the time we got to the tunnels it was a full blown storm. We kept going mostly doing what your dad did, following trucks. The wiper fluid was frozen so all the wipers did was smear the snow filled road dirt! My wife had a small window of clear (?) vision and she helped alot. Lots of people were stopped in Vail, but an east bound driver said the weather was good about 20 miles or so west, so we pressed on. He was right, thank the lord! They closed I70 not long after at the tunnels and Vail pass.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Continental is actually a pretty good tire. In the High Performance world the Continental Sportcontact Extreme2 is right up there with Michelin PS4S. Maybe the model that comes with the BS is not that good, I don't know my BS BL came with the Falkens AT3.
Sponsored