Anyone running 31 or 32 inch tall tires @ stock height?

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS
I'm thinking about up sizing my tires on the stock 18's. I've found 65 and 70 series A/S tires(235/18). Just don't know if this setup would rub or not.

lets keep the incorrect speedo reading, out of this discussion for now.
Sponsored

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
I'm thinking about up sizing my tires on the stock 18's. I've found 65 and 70 series A/S tires(235/18). Just don't know if this setup would rub or not.

lets keep the incorrect speedo reading, out of this discussion for now.
I have 235 65 18 toyos and have no problem rubbing I think I could have gone a little bigger?

OP
OP
casual_reader

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 235 65 18 toyos and have no problem rubbing I think I could have gone a little bigger?
That's good to hear. I'm really chasing aesthetics and closing the wheel/fender gap. In the absence of a lowering kit. I'll just fill the gap with more rubber. This bronco will end up looking like a toy, at some point.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My 235/65/17 are the optional A/T falken wildpeaks. No rubbing. I believe you can go up to 245 with our wheelbase. The BF Goodrich A/T 245s look sic af on this truck. That's what I'll be doing with a lift.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone running 31 or 32 inch tall tires @ stock height? Screenshot_20210525-213751_Chrome

OP
OP
casual_reader

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 235/65/17 are the optional A/T falken wildpeaks. No rubbing. I believe you can go up to 245 with our wheelbase. The BF Goodrich A/T 245s look sic af on this truck. That's what I'll be doing with a lift.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone running 31 or 32 inch tall tires @ stock height? Screenshot_20210525-213751_Chrome
looks good, CHUNKY. I think someone mention on the forum. they went 255 but, had to cut away on the frame.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
looks good, CHUNKY. I think someone mention on the forum. they went 255 but, had to cut away on the frame.
Spacers I believe, and a leveling kit -- those wheels are showing a wider stance than normal. Seriously doubt they did any frame cutting or mods just to add tires that are 3/4 inch wider than the 235 Wildpeaks that are optional on the Badlands -- and I've looked on mine, they fit with a bit of room to spare, could definitely get 245's on there. Bigger than that and you'd want to bump the offset out with spacers or different wheels. A lift/level would definitely be needed on the Badlands to go larger than 30" diameter -- the optional 235/65-17 Wildpeaks are 29".

Those chunky tires on that orange BL look wider than 255 even with the added offset, but maybe the pic is just playing tricks on me.

Honestly, the Wildpeak on our badlands handle great thus far and look pretty darn good for a factory setup. So I'll definitely run those out before I consider changing anything. By then there should be some good options for lift/leveling kits and I might go a bit bigger but we're putting a ton of miles on this Sport and plan to keep doing so, most of which is still very much on pavement, so not sure I want to compromise mileage and other things that much. All things considered, I'm pleasantly surprised with this BL Sport as is.

Last edited:

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
I have an outer banks with the 18's, do you have a picture of your BS with the wheels and tires?

Kliotta12

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That’s the look I’m wanting. Not crazy big just a little more beefy. Just wondering if the stock Badlands suspension will take that tire without issue or do I have to put a lift on it.
Sponsored