Anyone pulling camper?

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I've been towing a Sylvansport Go for a year behind a 2017 Escape and now behind my Bronco. Don't know it is there most of the time. The go is a utility trailer, toy hauler and pop up camper trailer. Go weighs 840 lbs. dry.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? 0607211335a
I drove from Saskatchewan to Idaho to pick one up a few days ago! Absolutely love it.

Reactions: MJE
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Was it hard to bring back?
Nope, paid my RIV fee ahead of time, took 5 mins at the border and I have an inspection booked for tomorrow to get it registered. You don't even know it's behind the vehicle when you're pulling it. Super light.

Reactions: MJE

Deleted member 2781

(Oh this is probably a better thread for this post - deleting where I put it originally.)

I just picked this up a few days ago. This camper, dry, weighs 1300lbs. The 4cylinder sport pulled it like it wasn't there - except when on a hill then you definitely felt the need for more power. Sport mode negates this.

Taking it home from the dealer was my first time towing anything in my life. It was about 120 miles on VT/NH back roads, most of which were 40-50mpg speed limits aside from going through towns. Using regular 87 octane, and driving in normal mode (except when around hills I'd switch to sport) I got 21.8 mpg on the trip according to using a freshly reset Trip2 counter. When I know I'm going on a longer trip, I'll put 93 in it.

Edit: If anyone else gets a Braxton Creek Bushwhacker or Freesolo OG and you have the factory tow package, you'll want a trailer hitch with a 2" rise - mates perfectly with the trailer.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone pulling camper? day1

Wild Pony

Badlands
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The total gross weight dry of one of those is 1946 pounds or 2006 with just the battery and propane tank without a single other thing in them, such as water or cargo. That leaves you only 194 pounds for all your cargo and water. Water alone is 91 pounds, leaving you 103 pounds for ALL your trailer cargo to avoid exceeding the BS limits.

What is your tongue weight once loaded? I cannot see how that trailer would stay within the BS limits of 220 pounds on the tongue with the propane, battery and influence of cargo and water (and potentially a sway bar)?

With your family, watercraft, cargo etc what is the combined gross weight you are running? The tab allows 2900 for its GVWR (which you cannot do with the BS since it has to stay under 2200) and the BS is 4630 which means if you pull that fully loaded BS and trailer onto a scale it cannot exceed 7530 pounds without being over the legal limit. Or your vehicle spec limit combined would be 6830 combined.

Just curious what those numbers were and how you made them fit.

1. Tongue weight loaded
2. Total trailer weight loaded
3. Combined vehicle weight loaded.

Wild Pony

Badlands
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don’t know the weight of every Tab trailer but we are keenly aware of the specs and limits of our Tab and BS. Our Badlands has a maximum towing capacity of 2200 with the tow package. This limits choices in trailers and requires a “minimalist” mindset when choosing what buy to pack. Per the manufacturer’s specs our 2015 Tab 300-S travel trailer (with wet bath) has a dry weight of 1788. The propane and battery brings this up to 1848. We travel with empty tanks and weigh everything we put in the trailer, on the trailer, and on the tongue. So far the BS and Tab have been a great set up for us but we’ll feel more comfortable once we get on a scale fully packed. I’m sure most of you are well versed in towing but I had to read towing for dummies articles to get up to speed and found some clear expainations here: https://www.rvingknowhow.com/weigh-your-rv/
Safe travels y’all
Sponsored