Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You want to trade in the car because you don't like the hood protector?
It's the hood shaking, it's a number of small issues that are amounting to a moment of intense buyer's remorse. So, yes, in short to what you are saying one thing reveals another, and so on.
I don't know... Perhaps I am overreacting and so your ridiculous remark provides clarity on how my thoughts may also seem ridiculous too.
Sponsored

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
It's the hood shaking, it's a number of small issues that are amounting to a moment of intense buyer's remorse. So, yes, in short to what you are saying one thing reveals another, and so on.
I don't know... Perhaps I am overreacting and so your ridiculous remark provides clarity on how my thoughts may also seem ridiculous too.
It's your life and your money, nothing is ridiculous. Just trying to understand your post.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have had my BS for 20 days now and hood protector for 15 days ,as you can see I also have crossbars and no hood movement and no noise from said crossbars .maybe they should check that your hood is secure.This is my first SUV in my life and I can say coming from driving mostly Lincoln cars for many years now this thing drives IMO amazing.Just my thoughts from a guy that’s been around for a while.Good luck to you .

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone install Aeroskin Hood Protector on their Bronco Sport? C64A39F2-FD12-4C3F-AFF3-276C9B197F1B
Have you taken it onto the interstate? I don't get the hood movement on regular roads either, it seems that it is just the interstate. Which may be just what happens, I don't know. Man your car is so cool though! I mean, I keep saying the same thing about mine too but I just get freaked out with these little annoyances that make me think twice! :facepalm:

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It's your life and your money, nothing is ridiculous. Just trying to understand your post.
I mean I am definitely having a meltdown on this that is causing me some mental anguish. I do think I sound ridiculous, but it is annoying to say the least on the interstate. That's when it just appears to me that the car is on the verge of coming apart to some degree with the hood shaking.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Oh by the way yes on interstate for 45 min.absolutely nothing.
I am blown away! I will have to take a video and try to post. It's insane to me, but perhaps it is just me.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If I were you I would pull it off and take it for a interstate drive ,see what’s up then if it still does it take it back to the dealer and say fix it.Be careful when you pull it ,get a plastic scraper and some 3m remover ,and some patients,take your time.
To note, there was some hood shaking on the interstate prior to install. It appears to be much worse now.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow that is freaky,anyone else have the same thing going on?You got me thinking and ? Myself.hum
I did hear from some other folks that was occurring, but I would be interested in knowing if it's an issue more often than not.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I drove from Chicago to Detroit and back this weekend and managed to catch a bit of a headwind both days. The hood definitely flexes at higher speeds, particularly over 70mph, but I think the headwind made this much worse.

I can't remember 100%, but I seem to remember seeing this on my Edge as well. I haven't seen how your car is acting with the hood protector on it, but I don't think this is unique to your vehicle or necessarily something to be all that worried about. I'd be curious what the dealer has to say about it.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ron I think I remember someone saying that the hood was possibly made of aluminum .Any truth in this if you know. If true I guess that could make a difference.I have not experienced this at all.I mean I was at 60 + mph nothing for 45 min .Maybe there is a adjustment on the hood.And also on the catch that holds it down.
I will get a video, the hood shaking really occurs more towards the windshield where the structure is no doubt the weakest. I am just shocked on some of the shortcuts taken, also with the wheel wells being this fabric material. I haven't had mine off road yet, but I am a little concerned given i had to adjust one of the wheel areas in the front while i was cleaning it as I noticed something caused it to shift. Just never seen anything like it. Same with what I showed under the hood, where there are noticeable gaps. I will say my last 2 cars were a BMW 3-series and an Inifiti G-series, so perhaps the fact that they are "luxury" vehicles I am used to a different level of build. But since I am going from a sedan to an SUV (CUV) I would expect that an Off-Road specific machine would include more protection from the elements. I would be nervous driving through mud expecting what I go through to end up all over the engine compartment and parts, electrical, etc.
If anyone has had more experience with Ford vehicles, let me know. I would be happy to chalk it up to inexperience on my part. Thus far, I am concerned to say the least. It doesn't feel like I purchased an entry-level vehicle financially, but again, let me know otherwise. The salesman at the dealership didn't do enough, the reviews don't dive into the details enough, no long-term tests exist (at least not yet), and I am feeling the buyer's remorse again.

OP
OP
Bpreston

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I would love to see the film on this.I just said to a forum friend that I thought the hood might be made of aluminum, not sure just yet .For what they cost ,i get it we should demand better.
But, man are they cool! I just love to be driving it.... I really am at a crossroad here.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I drive mine on the interstate two times every day (73-77 mph) and I haven't noticed any shaking from the hood. I'll pay closer attention on my way home today but it's possible that I might have noticed a little bit but I attributed that high winds that we were getting at the time.
Sponsored