Anyone found a CD player

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I remember the first CD player I ever had in a car. I think it was a Kenwood I had installed into my new '86 Mustang GT. Also had a Kicker speaker box in the hatch. Ahh the good old days.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Are there any CD players that will work in a BS? Either by USB or Bluetooth?
I saw one guy on YouTube that bought a cheap CD player and plugged in a device that transmitted to the fm radio on 88, I think. Downside is that the player ran on batteries, and just laid about on the console or in the passenger seat. No front loading portables available that run on 12 v. that I can find.

Stustang05

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, Area 51, loaded.
I don't have a magic phone. There has to be something out there for us old folks.
I feel your pain, but It’s easier and cheaper to get a magic phone than it is to find a CD player that can easily be installed in your BS. The smart phone interface with the BS is incredibly simple and all the music I had on my 600+ LPs, then cassettes, then CDs, is available on either Apple Music or Amazon Prime Music for less than $10 a month.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Are there any CD players that will work in a BS? Either by USB or Bluetooth?
I have a portable CD player. I attach an FM broadcaster to the headphone plug and play with a connection to the Bronco's FM radio. It's an inexpensive solution and doesn't require a large unit that needs to be installed. Also works with small speaker plugged into the CD player. All the items can easily be found on Amazon.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My first badazz car stereo went something like this.
Got me a new at the time Realistic Am/Fm Cassette and got it in the dash.
Radio shack had everything back in the day.
Got an under dash mounted realistic equalizer,
Put a 50 watt realistic power amp under the front passenger seat. FWIW back then a good 50 watt amp gave a clean 50w with very little THD and good top end clip.
Now for my speakers, check dis out ::::;:
It was a 1976 2 door Honda CVCC. Yellow and black,
Took out the back seat side panels and insulated the rear rather large sealed sound chambers.
Mounted up a very good 8” woofer, a 4” mid range and a Piezo short horn tweeter all tuned with my custom made solders circuit board cross over.
These cross overs were capped controlled boards inside the sound chamber.
The inside side panels were covered to look like home speakers.
Then with the doors and rear hatch open mine drew a crowd.
I could really damage some ears with that one

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just download what ever I want to my IPhone and play that in my Bronco Sport. I don’t have to carry a bulky box of CD’s, I have hundreds of songs all free with my Prime membership.
Easy peasy .
I still think it's better to rip them to Mp3's because they are local on your phone because then you aren't using your phone data to play the songs, and if you go out of cell range your music still works. I know you can have the option to download music to your phone through some apps, but they usually only let you keep it on there for a certain amount of time.

This is why I'm super annoyed that they are doing away with micro SD card slots on phones. I went to verizon a few months ago to get a new phone and they only had one left that had that as an option, and I've always liked to have a 512gb card so I can have thousands of albums at my disposal. Everything moving towards subscription services, really sucks.

OP
OP

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
I have a portable CD player. I attach an FM broadcaster to the headphone plug and play with a connection to the Bronco's FM radio. It's an inexpensive solution and doesn't require a large unit that needs to be installed. Also works with small speaker plugged into the CD player. All the items can easily be found on Amazon.
Just ordered one, will try.

OP
OP

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
scrap cd player option and put your cds on a usb flash drive
The Hott cd903TF from Amazon works great but, only through the FM radio. Bluetooth will not pair. You're given a few FM freq's to pick from. When restarting vehicle you need to push the FM button on the player, again.