Anyone else with a 2023 get a key fob without the lift gate button?

Whip

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
What is the 2X button for? Mine looks like yours minus the 2X button and no tailgate lift.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
What is the 2X button for? Mine looks like yours minus the 2X button and no tailgate lift.
The 2X button starts the vehicle. First hit the lock button then press the 2X button twice (not quickly) and you will see a green light at the top of the fob if the engine successfully started, red if not.

Regarding a lift button, did they give the 2023 a power lift? That’d be news!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Dodge anyone else with a 2023 get a fob without the lift gate button?
Even if you "open" with the fob you still have to manually, uh, lift the liftgate. If you have the fob with you and intelligent access activated, the liftgate will unlock when you touch the release button anyway, so I guess Ford decided the additional button was redundant. The early fobs were probably leftovers from Escape production (they have power liftgates that may be opened with the fob).

If you want to unlock the liftgate with your fob you can configure the system to unlock all the doors when you press the unlock button.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I get all that. It was just a question about the different fobs. I have a 2021 BSBL and now also a 2023. And I noticed the difference that all.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else with a 2023 get a key fob without the lift gate button? 20230126_172351

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
My '23 OBX has the same key-fob as yours. There is another feature that some folks might not know about. If you press the unlock button twice and hold down the button on the second press, then all 4 windows will open completely. This is a great feature to use before entering your car on a hot day. If you press the lock button twice and hold it down on the second press, the windows will all close, and the vehicle is locked.

Last edited:

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have the same key fob as in your original post.
And I agree with Mark S. The lift gate button was silly.
MrMike, what you posted was previously unknown to me. That’s cool!

Last edited:

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I have the same key fob as in your original post.
And I agree with Mark S. The lift gate button was silly.
MrMike, what you posted was previously unknown to me. That’s cool!
I heard about that feature while on the Ford Edge forum. Thought I'd pass it along to other forum members. I've certainly got my share of info since I joined this forum.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
My '23 OBX has the same key-fob as yours. There is another feature that some folks might not know about. If you press the unlock button twice and hold down the button on the second press, then all 4 windows will open completely. This is a great feature to use before entering your car on a hot day. If you press the lock button twice and hold it down on the second press, the windows will all close.
Funny you mention not knowing about that feature. My 2011 Dodge pickup does that as well. Owned it for 12 years and never knew that. Discovered it about two weeks ago when my FOB went to crap. If I even brushed the button without pressing it, the doors would unlock. Started coming out from stores and noticing my doors were unlocked from the FOB in my pocket. Then after a couple days, I'd come out and my doors were unlocked and all my windows would be down. First time it happened was during a snowstorm. That was a cold wet drive home. Bought a new FOB and mentioned to the locksmith what it was doing. Told me it was a feature and not just an electrical gremlin. Felt pretty damn dumb.

Rsidle59

Badlands
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I get all that. It was just a question about the different fobs. I have a 2021 BSBL and now also a 2023. And I noticed the difference that all.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else with a 2023 get a key fob without the lift gate button? 20230126_172351
My 21 BSBL has the lift gate unlock, but no remote start. I have to use the app on my phone. Was this an option you had to order?

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else with a 2023 get a key fob without the lift gate button? 20230128_004837

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My 21 BSBL has the lift gate unlock, but no remote start. I have to use the app on my phone. Was this an option you had to order?
Remote start is standard on Outer Banks (and Heritage Editions), and optional for other trims; it's generally part of a premium package. You may also add it after the fact by installing a perimeter plus alarm. You can read about installing an alarm in my post at this link.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Remote start is standard on Outer Banks (and Heritage Editions), and optional for other trims; it's generally part of a premium package. You may also add it after the fact by installing a perimeter plus alarm. You can read about installing an alarm in my post at this link.
They gave it as a standard item on a 2021 First Edition badlands. Well not gave but part of first editions package .

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else with a 2023 get a key fob without the lift gate button? FD2482B4-0865-4722-8E85-770EF02AC32B

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else with a 2023 get a key fob without the lift gate button? 110334B1-03D5-4424-8392-4E831A5E695D

Last edited:

OrangeJoe42

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Mazda Miata
Not on mine, it doesn't. I have to unlock the doors first or the button does nothing.

If you have the fob with you and intelligent access activated, the liftgate will unlock when you touch the release button anyway, so I guess Ford decided the additional button was redundant.