Anyone else showing this software update is downloading but never does?

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
Anyone else showing the following update is downloading but never does. It just sits there and then after a while it says my software is up to date but everytime I get in my vehicle or go to look at updates this one comes up as downloading. Not sure of its an issue or if I'm doing something wrong or what.

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else showing this software update is downloading but never does? 20210516_102858
Sponsored

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/2012 Miata
A lot of talk about this on the Ranger forum. When you turn off your vehicle and you have it set to access your home wifi, it will try downloading updates for up to 30 mins I think.

If it's a simple sync update it's usually 1 or 2 files and pretty fast. If you have nav, it's 10-13 very large files and may take a long time - many 30 min cycles - to completely update. Our Rangers are sync 3.4 and NA 2 20.

When mine started I kept going to the garage and turning on the radio and doing the check to see a file being downloaded. Sometimes you see the progress bar and sometimes you just miss seeing it show any progress. It took me about 6 days of randomly going to the garage and turning on the radio... lol... again, the Nav files are very large. And, it will start where it left off the last time so even though it doesn't seem like it's making any progress, it is.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
It finally showed it was up to date as of this morning after several attempts but if I go to search for updates it still comes up and says downloading. So I don't know if it updated or not and I can not find anywhere to tell me what the update is for.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/2012 Miata
It finally showed it was up to date as of this morning after several attempts but if I go to search for updates it still comes up and says downloading. So I don't know if it updated or not and I can not find anywhere to tell me what the update is for.
It will do that....if you have nav, it's going to take a long time.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
It will do that....if you have nav, it's going to take a long time.
Navigation works by plugging in my phone to the USB, so I don't have actual Navigation without my phone...lol

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/2012 Miata
Navigation works by plugging in my phone to the USB, so I don't have actual Navigation without my phone...lol
Lol good then it should just be a matter of a couple file, if this is similar to what the Rangers are seeing, but I couldn't say how similar the software is across models...they look the same but that doesn't always mean anything.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I went the route of USB download, plugged it in as I drove about an hour today, required some start stop and restart at any point and when we returned home, it showed sync3.4 was up to date. Picked up a 32GB USB for less than $5 for future uploads.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
I went the route of USB download, plugged it in as I drove about an hour today, required some start stop and restart at any point and when we returned home, it showed sync3.4 was up to date. Picked up a 32GB USB for less than $5 for future uploads.
Mine finally finished updating on its own.

Deleted member 4922

Same here. Has anyone tried to purchase the NAV app? The phone is great unless you're out in the boondocks with no cell service. I figured they'd have it available like all my previous Fords. It's only an app afterall.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
Same here. Has anyone tried to purchase the NAV app? The phone is great unless you're out in the boondocks with no cell service. I figured they'd have it available like all my previous Fords. It's only an app afterall.
Yes, I would love to know if there is a way to download a Nav app, it sucks on trips having my phone plugged in the entire time, I'd like to be able to use it instead of using my husband's phone.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, I would love to know if there is a way to download a Nav app, it sucks on trips having my phone plugged in the entire time, I'd like to be able to use it instead of using my husband's phone.
My Bronco came with a navigation app built in. It's not as good as Waze but it works fine for what I want.

I set up carplay and when I turn the Bronco on, I see a message that my iPhone has connected, then a Sirius XM update, then all I have to do is hit Navigation and tell it to find an address after pressing the steering wheel button, and it comes up with a map, ETA, all that good stuff.

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
My Bronco came with a navigation app built in. It's not as good as Waze but it works fine for what I want.

I set up carplay and when I turn the Bronco on, I see a message that my iPhone has connected, then a Sirius XM update, then all I have to do is hit Navigation and tell it to find an address after pressing the steering wheel button, and it comes up with a map, ETA, all that good stuff.
I have the Big Bend model, so mine doesn't have the Nav app built in. I am gonna talk to my dealer about it when I go for my next oil change and see if there are any options.

BRedi

Big Bend
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the Big Bend model, so mine doesn't have the Nav app built in. I am gonna talk to my dealer about it when I go for my next oil change and see if there are any options.
Were you able to get an answer on adding Nav to your Big Bend? I really hate having to hook up my phone every time I need navigation. Any software or upgrades would be nice!
Sponsored