Anyone else showing this software update is downloading but never does?

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
Were you able to get an answer on adding Nav to your Big Bend? I really hate having to hook up my phone every time I need navigation. Any software or upgrades would be nice!
I'm sorry I'm just getting to this, life has been crazy. I actually forgot to ask him because I got all focused on discussing upgrading my headlights to the signature ones. I'm gonna ask my next visit and I will update then. If you happen to find out anything please let me know.
Sponsored

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Anyone else showing the following update is downloading but never does. It just sits there and then after a while it says my software is up to date but everytime I get in my vehicle or go to look at updates this one comes up as downloading. Not sure of its an issue or if I'm doing something wrong or what.
This Bronco Sport if my 4th Ford Vehicle with Sync.. this is standard operation as far as I can tell. Ford Sync is the slowest head unit I have ever owned to update. I even tried once with a USB drive and it still took 1.5 hours to "install" it and another couple hours for the unit to get done... well doing what ever it was doing when rebooting several times.

Like others have stated, on Sync 3 or above, just connect it to your WiFi at home and in couple of days it should take care of itself. On the last update I did that and still took 3 days for it to finally update with a 1Gbps connection and 600Mbps WiFi AT the car. (Speed tests done with phone at both head unit and antennae)

OP
OP
KRYSTAL11375

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
This Bronco Sport if my 4th Ford Vehicle with Sync.. this is standard operation as far as I can tell. Ford Sync is the slowest head unit I have ever owned to update. I even tried once with a USB drive and it still took 1.5 hours to "install" it and another couple hours for the unit to get done... well doing what ever it was doing when rebooting several times.

Like others have stated, on Sync 3 or above, just connect it to your WiFi at home and in couple of days it should take care of itself. On the last update I did that and still took 3 days for it to finally update with a 1Gbps connection and 600Mbps WiFi AT the car. (Speed tests done with phone at both head unit and antennae)
It finally completed like a day or 2 after I posted this one. The recent one went through without me even noticing.

Reactions: RRD

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
It finally completed like a day or 2 after I posted this one. The recent one went through without me even noticing.
I go to my dealership and park outside for a few minutes and it updates pretty quick. Go to settings and tap updates.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
Same here. Has anyone tried to purchase the NAV app? The phone is great unless you're out in the boondocks with no cell service. I figured they'd have it available like all my previous Fords. It's only an app afterall.
There is not enough storage space for the maps in the base system. Beyond that, they're the same. Try Android Auto or CarPlay and just download an offline map and you're all set.
Sponsored