• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

New Jersey Anyone aware of gas pedal adjustments?

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Easiest option: Try switching to eco mode. That will make the throttle respond a bit slower and smoother.

More generally, I think pedal commander works with the sport. It allows you to change the programmed throttle response / how the gas pedal behaves by temporarily altering the signal sent by the gas pedal. Usually, folks use it to make things more sporty feeling, but it works both ways. I haven't tried it, though.

Edit: I just realized you meant "the pedal sits too high", not "the pedal response is too high". Ignore must of what I said. I need coffee...

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
you can try the different modes as stated by jofer. play around with the seating positions maybe?

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Girls both say gas pedal is too high any input?
Ford has always been odd about pedal positioning on their vehicles. While I love my Fiesta ST for example, it was so notorious for the odd placement of the gas pedal in relation to the brake and clutch that a whole cottage industry popped up for ways to modify it (something I did myself early on).

When you state too "high", do you mean too far forward or the pedal needs to be closer to the floor?

If it is too far forward, there likely isn't any easy way to fix that as you'd have to try and find a way to "recess" the pedal into the footwell.

If it needs to be closer to the floor (which is what I think you mean) what you might try is a sport gas pedal cover (do an Amazon search). Most are designed to be a bit larger than stock and usually can be adjusted upward or downward a bit, but it likely would require some experimentation.

One thing to be very careful with is to not get any cover so close to the floor that it runs the risk of snagging a mat or sticking on the carpeting. They would be highly dangerous.

OP
OP

carpaymentkid

Big Bend
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rapid red bronco sport
Ford has always been odd about pedal positioning on their vehicles. While I love my Fiesta ST for example, it was so notorious for the odd placement of the gas pedal in relation to the brake and clutch that a whole cottage industry popped up for ways to modify it (something I did myself early on).

When you state too "high", do you mean too far forward or the pedal needs to be closer to the floor?

If it is too far forward, there likely isn't any easy way to fix that as you'd have to try and find a way to "recess" the pedal into the footwell.

If it needs to be closer to the floor (which is what I think you mean) what you might try is a sport gas pedal cover (do an Amazon search). Most are designed to be a bit larger than stock and usually can be adjusted upward or downward a bit, but it likely would require some experimentation.

One thing to be very careful with is to not get any cover so close to the floor that it runs the risk of snagging a mat or sticking on the carpeting. They would be highly dangerous.
Yes UP and down is the issue Thank you for insight and safety info much appreciated !
Sponsored