Anyone able to put a bed in their Big Bend?

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
We have a 2021 Big Bend edition and wonder if it is possible to fit a bed back there with the seats down. Has anyone done this yet?
Sponsored

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Several posts on this forum about the subject. Some incl mods / rear seat removal / and assorted contraptions.
Attached is a screen shot I saved that was posted by one of our peers

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone able to put a bed in their Big Bend? Screenshot_20220425-102655_DuckDuckGo

DersCan

Badlands
First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I wish I was able to do this! Unfortunately being 6'4" there's just not enough space for me to truly be comfortable while in the back with my wife.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Iā€™ve been debating buying a Luno for about 2 months now. I still have the tab open on my phone browser with the mattress in the cart. I like that it has the cubes you can inflate to fill the footwell if you donā€™t want to stuff your gear there.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ve been debating buying a Luno for about 2 months now. I still have the tab open on my phone browser with the mattress in the cart. I like that it has the cubes you can inflate to fill the footwell if you donā€™t want to stuff your gear there.
i am just wondering if the seats fold down enough in the big bend. The car is not here and my wife said she thinks they donā€™t.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I have a badlands but the seats are all the same. They will fold down almost completely flat, flat enough to sleep for sure. Youā€™ll have to take the headrests out for them to fold down. Only 2021 models have folding headrests.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
On my Badlands the setback has a 7 deg slope when folded down. Thatā€˜s a significant and very visible angle, no where near flat. A thick mattress might work but I would remove the entire rear seat to level things out.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my Badlands the setback has a 7 deg slope when folded down. Thatā€˜s a significant and very visible angle, no where near flat. A thick mattress might work but I would remove the entire rear seat to level things out.
i think this is what she is referring to. However, we have a big bend.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several posts on this forum about the subject. Some incl mods / rear seat removal / and assorted contraptions.
Attached is a screen shot I saved that was posted by one of our peers

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone able to put a bed in their Big Bend? Screenshot_20220425-102655_DuckDuckGo
Thank you for the reply. Now I just need to throw a tape measure in there and go to rei. Hopefully they are cheaper than the luno at $300+
Do you have a link to the thread from this picture? Maybe I can get ahold of the member.

Last edited:

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I spent over 25 days sleeping in the back of my big bend this summer on wildfires in California and Idaho. I used an inflatable mattress I found on Amazon and it was great. Iā€™m only 5ā€™6ā€ but it was very comfortable for me. Iā€™ll add the link to what I have. I also purchased window shades that were cut to fit my BS to block out light and keep it cooler. Link below. Suppose it would work to keep it insulated and warm in colder temps. I recommend a battery/usb rechargeable fan for warmer temps. Iā€™m still looking for a heater for fall/ winter.
YelloPro Custom Fit Reflective... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WHWGQLD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

SAYGOGO SUV Air Mattress Camping... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089YBF5XK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you for the reply. Now I just need to throw a tape measure in there and go to rei. Hopefully they are cheaper than the luno at $300+
Do you have a link to the thread from this picture? Maybe I can get ahold of the member.
Sorry, I don't recall.
I save a lot of pics for ideas.
I know that a queen size inflatable mattress does not fit. LoL
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone able to put a bed in their Big Bend? 20221004_220551

Last edited:
OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spent over 25 days sleeping in the back of my big bend this summer on wildfires in California and Idaho. I used an inflatable mattress I found on Amazon and it was great. Iā€™m only 5ā€™6ā€ but it was very comfortable for me. Iā€™ll add the link to what I have. I also purchased window shades that were cut to fit my BS to block out light and keep it cooler. Link below. Suppose it would work to keep it insulated and warm in colder temps. I recommend a battery/usb rechargeable fan for warmer temps. Iā€™m still looking for a heater for fall/ winter.
YelloPro Custom Fit Reflective... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WHWGQLD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

SAYGOGO SUV Air Mattress Camping... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089YBF5XK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
thank you for the real life input. Very helpful. Going to order that tonight.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I have this exact item, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089YBF5XK

Sorry, I didn't bother to do a full inflate just to take a pic. It fits in the Bronco superb. It looks too big by the wheel wells, but by the time it's inflated it fits very snug. You will want to inflate the arch or pack the rear footwells to support it right at the front, as you can see.
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone able to put a bed in their Big Bend? IMG_20221005_092422812