Any ideas on back bumper protection?

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I live in NYC so i need something to protect the back of the car.
Does anyone know if something is being released soon?
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Do you have a hitch? They make steps for the receiver. Will stick out a few inches.

OP
OP
Scott_NYC

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Here is the back of the car. What do the steps looks like that go into the hitch?
do you have the part number?

Ford Bronco Sport Any ideas on back bumper protection? Bronco_5

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
my best advice to protect your bumper...move out of NYC. Isn't that what a bumper is technically for? A good hitch or step would probably give you some room if a less talented driver got too close I suppose>

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Here is the back of the car. What do the steps looks like that go into the hitch?
do you have the part number?

Ford Bronco Sport Any ideas on back bumper protection? Bronco_5
Just do a google search for " 2" hitch step ". There's lots of options.

OP
OP
Scott_NYC

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
my best advice to protect your bumper...move out of NYC. Isn't that what a bumper is technically for? A good hitch or step would probably give you some room if a less talented driver got too close I suppose>
More for protecting the car while it is parked. I guess the Hitch step is the best bet until they come up with something specific for the Bronco Sport

OP
OP
Scott_NYC

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just do a google search for " 2" hitch step ". There's lots of options.
Thanks Steve, I did google it, and there are lots of options. It's Step is a good temporary option until they come out with something better

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
More for protecting the car while it is parked. I guess the Hitch step is the best bet until they come up with something specific for the Bronco Sport
I have been to NYC a few times, I cannot believe how tight parking spots are...just looking at that picture gives me door ding chills. I have a luxury at work. I can park on an end spot outside, I park angled sideways with my driver's door against a small hill. Kids give me crap for 'learning how to park'. I tell them to memorize this...you will have an ah-ha moment and see how good I am at parking some day.

OP
OP
Scott_NYC

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have been to NYC a few times, I cannot believe how tight parking spots are...just looking at that picture gives me door ding chills. I have a luxury at work. I can park on an end spot outside, I park angled sideways with my driver's door against a small hill. Kids give me crap for 'learning how to park'. I tell them to memorize this...you will have an ah-ha moment and see how good I am at parking some day.
Yeah, I have sprung $600 on the paint-less dent repair package to cover the dings I will get over the next five years. The Dings on my last car drove me nuts.

BkBronco

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice to see another NYC BS owner here, I'm in Brooklyn myself.

I was seeking protection for the bumpers when I first got mine. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but the "Go Rhino 360T" bumper step covers a good portion of the rear and provides enough protection.. for now...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
scott in your situation I'd say it's a hazard of the locale. In my area it's just people being incredibly rude. I park at the furthest extremes of any parking lot. We took a rental in vegas to a grocery store. Had a rav 4 parked right on top of us, double door dents clear and obvious. So I waited for them to come out and asked how ignorant they must be to park on top of a car and damage it. They acted like they had no clue what I was talking about until I pointed out the paint smears...just no respect.

OP
OP
Scott_NYC

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Nice to see another NYC BS owner here, I'm in Brooklyn myself.

I was seeking protection for the bumpers when I first got mine. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but the "Go Rhino 360T" bumper step covers a good portion of the rear and provides enough protection.. for now...
Thanks! That is the one I will probably get until they come out with something better.

I am in Forest Hills, Queens

OP
OP
Scott_NYC

Scott_NYC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
scott in your situation I'd say it's a hazard of the locale. In my area it's just people being incredibly rude. I park at the furthest extremes of any parking lot. We took a rental in vegas to a grocery store. Had a rav 4 parked right on top of us, double door dents clear and obvious. So I waited for them to come out and asked how ignorant they must be to park on top of a car and damage it. They acted like they had no clue what I was talking about until I pointed out the paint smears...just no respect.
Unfortunately, I find that other people usually don't care about anyone else's car, especially if their car is pretty beat up. Doesn't matter where you live :(

I have always been very careful when I open my doors to make sure I don't ding any other car parked along the side of my car.
Sponsored