Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
I am also in Northern MN and currently awaiting my BL. How was it during our cold snap?
No issues here although it is kept in the garage when home. Been on some snowy service roads with zero issues. One thing I did find was that the auto start will not engage when extremely cold which is fine by me. I’m trying to get in the habit of turning it off when I start. It seems it will work when above 10* but at 20* below, no way.
Sponsored

BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2021 Ford Escape
I have had my Big Bend for a week now. Pretty solid, although I am not too excited with the auto stop-start feature. Live in southeast Wisconsin, so been dealing with the cold and snow since I drove it off the dealer lot. Drove it to the U.P. of Michigan over the weekend in a consistent snow, not a blizzard, but slippery. Sat outside overnight up there and temp dropped to -9F. Bronco started right up Sunday morning. So far, so good!

BlackBetty

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? A6EA5900-6A5F-4ED0-AEEE-26A3ABF8C511

Have a little over 1100 miles on my Badlands. Got her about a month ago coming from a 2020 Silverado. I’ve had a Silverado for the last 7/8 years, butalways wanted a bronco growing up. The sport is the best thing I can remember driving in my life. NEVER would’ve imagined driving in ice/snow since I live in Texas, but this beautiful lady is a Beast in all conditions.Hands down best vehicle ever.

Cpt.Diabetes

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Big Bend owner here

Factory windshield wipers are substandard (my last vehicle had the same issue that was a Toyota RAV4 )

I want a bigger fuel tank ( I want another 100 miles range more than I am getting. I am getting 20mpg using a lot of slippery GOAT mode probably AWD , preheating the car as well, I expect better mileage in the spring , my tire pressure is what it should be)

Water does not run off the vehicle (not sure if it makes a difference but my vehicle is Cactus gray ) ? . It beads up. I had 1/4”- 1/2” of ice all over it after a winter rain and freeze .

Water sticks to the rear camera more than my last vehicle. (Blurs it out )

Suggestions for Ford for future model years
Recovery tow hooks on all trims
SYNC 4
I want a winch mount option and steel bumper
18 or 20 gallon fuel tank instead of 16
Off road maps on all trims for the Navigation system

Some stuff I like about the vehicle
Built in beer bottle opener
The lights built into the rear door
The windshield defroster is very powerful compared to my last vehicle
the Fordpass app (remote start , the gps tracker gives my a $34 insurance discount)
I was really surprised to get 35mpg on eco traveling a couple hundred miles up to the mountains in rain and snow and back home

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I was really surprised to get 35mpg on eco traveling a couple hundred miles up to the mountains in rain and snow and back home
After 900 miles and using normal with some slippery mode, I get a consistent 31 -32 mpg.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Wipers were pretty crappy in heavy snow the last couple of days. Kept getting iced up and failing to actually wipe large portions of the driver's side of the windshield. Anybody replace theirs with something better?

Also, no ambient lighting. Why would they only put this in the Outer Banks trim?
I installed Trico Onyx blades on Wednesday. Snowing today in NJ they seem to be performing better than the factory blades I think they were worth the Money $57 for a set of 22” and 21” with tax. ( I value maximum visibility a lot. I clean all the exterior lights on my vehicles monthly )

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? A6EA5900-6A5F-4ED0-AEEE-26A3ABF8C511

Have a little over 1100 miles on my Badlands. Got her about a month ago coming from a 2020 Silverado. I’ve had a Silverado for the last 7/8 years, butalways wanted a bronco growing up. The sport is the best thing I can remember driving in my life. NEVER would’ve imagined driving in ice/snow since I live in Texas, but this beautiful lady is a Beast in all conditions.Hands down best vehicle ever.
I posted this in another thread, however, hour BL is more like mine... question for you is:
My Badlands was not the "BL Package" and thus I did not end up with the leather seating, however, the higher end cloth interior and NO sunroof. My question is, did I make a mistake there not having a sunroof? My last SUV was a 2010 Wrangler that I had purchased new in 2010, ever since then I have driven sedans with sunroofs. It kind of keeps me up at night, I don't know if it is a resale value issue or just personal want. Just curious if I am missing a crucial piece of equipment.

BlackBetty

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I posted this in another thread, however, hour BL is more like mine... question for you is:
My Badlands was not the "BL Package" and thus I did not end up with the leather seating, however, the higher end cloth interior and NO sunroof. My question is, did I make a mistake there not having a sunroof? My last SUV was a 2010 Wrangler that I had purchased new in 2010, ever since then I have driven sedans with sunroofs. It kind of keeps me up at night, I don't know if it is a resale value issue or just personal want. Just curious if I am missing a crucial piece of equipment.
I don’t have the badlands package. I have Area 51 blue accents inside, but no bl package like leather or anything. Weird though cause you can’t build it like I have it on the Ford website. It was built/designed by someone who wasn’t able to complete the purchase, but meant for me hahaha

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don’t have the badlands package. I have Area 51 blue accents inside, but no bl package like leather or anything. Weird though cause you can’t build it like I have it on the Ford website. It was built/designed by someone who wasn’t able to complete the purchase, but meant for me hahaha
Interestingly enough, I have the same AND the same issue occurred. The dealership told me that it was ordered and never picked up... hmmm.... But, I approached it the same and said it was meant to be if the car was still there a week after I had driven it. I read the crap out of the reviews and really studied the car, however, the leather and sunroof were the only things missing that I truly worried about. Now that it is packed with snow and ice here in Nashville, I am SUPER happy I bought it when I did.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
My only complaint is no option for memory seats. BL +BL.
That's for any trim. It's a step back for me too, after having an Escape Titanium. I did find a local car stereo shop that can put a home link universal garage door opener in my BS, so I won't have to go back to 2 different openers .

Last edited:

nmack

Badlands
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
No issues here although it is kept in the garage when home. Been on some snowy service roads with zero issues. One thing I did find was that the auto start will not engage when extremely cold which is fine by me. I’m trying to get in the habit of turning it off when I start. It seems it will work when above 10* but at 20* below, no way.
Good to hear! I'm hoping we get ours soon! Thank you!

BlackBetty

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Interestingly enough, I have the same AND the same issue occurred. The dealership told me that it was ordered and never picked up... hmmm.... But, I approached it the same and said it was meant to be if the car was still there a week after I had driven it. I read the crap out of the reviews and really studied the car, however, the leather and sunroof were the only things missing that I truly worried about. Now that it is packed with snow and ice here in Nashville, I am SUPER happy I bought it when I did.
well we got some rare and lucky chances to own one of these beauties. I’ve seen a lot of ppl on here still waiting for their builds, which is crazy.At the same time it’s fun to be one of the few that are driving one around