Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Yup. Manual park release.
Yep just went out and looked. Popped that little door and there’s nothing there, no pull tab, nothing lol

Manual solution is this…

Ford Bronco Sport Another Perimeter Plus Alarm Installation IMG_3735
Sponsored

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
That thread won't load for me for some reason. I've installed the sensor and everything seems to be working except I've only gotten the sensor to trigger once, and I believe it's when I tried to open the door while locked. Remote start works fine from the fob. I believe my sensitivity knob is maxed out (clockwise if I'm not mistaken). What is the best way to test if it is working. Can I leave window down with doors locked and bump on the steering wheel?? I haven't been able to get the single honk, but I've definitely set the full alarm off. I just tried to push on the hood while my keys were in my bag in the building and nothing happened....a little confused

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm not sure which thread you are referring to. The install manual lists a procedure to test sensitivity.

36. Starting with the adjustment knob in approximately the halfway position, lower the driver's window and exit the vehicle.

37. Press the LOCK button on the vehicle's RKE fob to arm the VSS system. If equipped, the LED will light solid for 20 seconds and then begin to flash a steady on/off sequence to indicate the system is armed.

38. Using a closed fist, impact the steering wheel with moderate force to simulate a light impact on the vehicle. If the impact is detected, the horn will sound and the lights will flash 1 time to indicate the warning impact was detected.

39. Using a closed fist, impact the steering wheel with heavy force to simulate a hard impact (i.e. glass breakage) on the vehicle. If the impact is detected, the horn will sound and the lights will flash a steady on off sequence to indicate the heavy or full shock trigger was detected.

40. Increase (rotate clockwise) or decrease (rotate counter-clockwise) the adjustment knob as necessary to achieve desired sensitivity, repeat the previous steps to test, and verify adjustment.
Keep in mind, it takes approx 20 seconds or so after you lock and close the door for the system to arm.

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
How did this install go? Was it worth getting the extended?
I am sorry it took so long to reply I was on vacation. The install was easy- long range worth the few extra dollars.

wmeade

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Hi Mark S. - thanks for the awesome walkthrough. I had a Q maybe you could answer for me. (or anyone else if you want to hop on)
I have a Bronco Sport 2021 with a manual key start. I am going to purchase the permitter security kit online, wanted to know if I'll need the remote start FOB? Is there a combo I can press on my currently unlock/lock FOB to engage remote start? If not, all good. Also I can program this in my own driveway right? No need to go to dealer? Thanks!!

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Mark S. - thanks for the awesome walkthrough. I had a Q maybe you could answer for me. (or anyone else if you want to hop on)
I have a Bronco Sport 2021 with a manual key start. I am going to purchase the permitter security kit online, wanted to know if I'll need the remote start FOB? Is there a combo I can press on my currently unlock/lock FOB to engage remote start? If not, all good. Also I can program this in my own driveway right? No need to go to dealer? Thanks!!
I'm not sure what you mean by "manual key." I thought all Bronco Sport trims included push button start. Do you mean yours does not have a remote start button? If that's the case then you'll be fine. My fob does not have a remote start button either. The perimeter plus module includes remote start via fob. All you have to do it press (on the fob) lock, unlock, lock within three seconds. That will activate remote start. After you get in the vehicle you'll have to press the start button (even though the car is started) before you can drive.

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm not sure what you mean by "manual key." I thought all Bronco Sport trims included push button start. Do you mean yours does not have a remote start button? If that's the case then you'll be fine. My fob does not have a remote start button either. The perimeter plus module includes remote start via fob. All you have to do it press (on the fob) lock, unlock, lock within three seconds. That will activate remote start. After you get in the vehicle you'll have to press the start button (even though the car is started) before you can drive.
The Base models use a key to start.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Base models use a key to start.
Here's the link to the system listed on Ford's website:

https://accessories.ford.com/ford-perimeter-plus-vehicle-security-system-4

Data on that page says it fits "Bronco Sport 2021-2024," so I would assume that means even Base trims. In the description it says:

• When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from up to 300' away
Since you don't have pushbutton start I can't say whether that applies to your car or not. I believe you can still remote start using the app, but I don't know if that functionality is related to the remote start module included with the Perimeter Plus system. Since this appears to be a non-returnable item once purchased you should clarify before you commit. If you can't get a straight answer from Ford try calling one of the dealerships that sell Ford accessories who may have experience with actually installing them.

wmeade

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Here's the link to the system listed on Ford's website:

https://accessories.ford.com/ford-perimeter-plus-vehicle-security-system-4

Data on that page says it fits "Bronco Sport 2021-2024," so I would assume that means even Base trims. In the description it says:

Since you don't have pushbutton start I can't say whether that applies to your car or not. I believe you can still remote start using the app, but I don't know if that functionality is related to the remote start module included with the Perimeter Plus system. Since this appears to be a non-returnable item once purchased you should clarify before you commit. If you can't get a straight answer from Ford try calling one of the dealerships that sell Ford accessories who may have experience with actually installing them.
Thanks Mark S and RT898 - Yes, sorry, I did mean Base model with a key turn start. I think I am going to buy the Perimeter system from a company that allows returns and give it a shot with everything I currently own. If I run into issues, I'll either return it or I'll look into purchasing the special FOB for remote start for the extra $100.
Funny enough, I heard that the key start is not even cranking anything anymore, it's more like "for show" - IDK how this remote start will work once I get in the car. I'm assuming I'll still have to put the key in and turn it? Turn how far? Who knows? Weird stuff.

Anywho if it helps anyone on this forum to follow this post, I'll keep my progress listed and take some pics so if I end up exploding my car in the process or somehow install a system that when I put my key in it'll start my lawnmower instead, it'll be documented. 🫠
Sponsored