Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There is no mention of an auto dimming mirror on the window sticker for the Bronc.
It's standard on the 2022 Badlands. I believe it was part of the Premium package (used to be called the Badlands package) for the 2021 MY.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I must be blind, my rear view mirror doesn't seem to have a tab to manually dim the mirror. :confused:
The switches normal position is up behind the mirror, Toggle it down for perfect night vision. Set like this you’ll see it.
There is a page in the owners manual I think.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It's standard on the 2022 Badlands. I believe it was part of the Premium package (used to be called the Badlands package) for the 2021 MY.
Still part of the premium package. I just picked mine up and no auto dimming mirror

Ford Bronco Sport Another Kia Mirror Convert 5A41E89E-E9A5-474E-9B61-C15B19C5A75D

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
That’s for dimming the headlamps. The mirror will have it in the front.
Edit: Yes the small round one is for auto dim of the mirror. Couldn’t see it at first. My Lightning did not have an indicator or switch. Just like what you show on the mirror.
Well now I feel stupid. I guess I figured it would have some sort of indicator, or a way to disable. Maybe in the system menus... I'll have to check that next.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I've never had a car with an auto-dimming mirror. Before I install the Kia mirror I want to ask if people are satisfied with self-dimming mirrors in general? I'd like to avoid installing it only to find I hate it compared to a manual mirror. The Kia mirror does have an on/off button which I assume keeps the mirror in daytime mode when off.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I've never had a car with an auto-dimming mirror. Before I install the Kia mirror I want to ask if people are satisfied with self-dimming mirrors in general? I'd like to avoid installing it only to find I hate it compared to a manual mirror. The Kia mirror does have an on/off button which I assume keeps the mirror in daytime mode when off.
I’m assuming it’s a case of what you get used to. I had a 90s base Chevy truck which oddly enough came with one with a compass in it (they must’ve run out of manual mirrors that day at the factory & decided to slap these in all models instead of the top end ones) so I can’t hardly remember what life was like before auto dimming mirrors, even if I had a couple older cars since which lacked this. I’m always satisfied with them though & not sure I’d know what to do without one nowadays.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I installed the self-dimming mirror because I was dissatisfied with the manual mirror. I couldn't simply flip the switch on mine; I had to readjust the mirror every time. The self-dimming mirror works perfectly for me, with the same level of dimming as the manual.

Hutchicles

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
AT’s pretty cool. Looks like an easy mod.
I’ll stick to flipping my night vision toggle on the mirror as it works just fine for me.
I had all my windows tinted including the back one. No need for a dimming mirror if you can barely see through the rear anyway :cwl:

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I didn't order the Premium package for my Outer Banks, so I won't have the Homelink stuff, correct? My sticker says auto-dimming rear view mirror, but nothing about Homelink nor garage door openers.

Jafo

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I didn't order the Premium package for my Outer Banks, so I won't have the Homelink stuff, correct? My sticker says auto-dimming rear view mirror, but nothing about Homelink nor garage door openers.
You will only get Homelink with the Tech Package, so no it will not have it. It will just have a standard auto-dimming rearview mirror. I was thinking about doing this upgrade when I get my Outer Banks. COuld be a easy and nice addition.
Sponsored