MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I wish I can put it in my garage. It definitely can fit in it but I already have a baby resting blissfully inside:
Ford Bronco Sport Altruistic Neighbors IMG_1520

Shh. Won’t get into the particulars. That’s for another forum.
Nice! Ok that’s a good excuse for street parking (my neighbor/friend is the same). We’re a neighborhood of back alleys & back detached garages here, so so many guys with front attached garages want to build another garage out back. I wish! 😂
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
A two car garage was always on our 'must have' list when we bought and moved between houses.

One spot for my toy, and the other for the wifes car, currently the BS.

Last edited:

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don’t know how you guys living in big cities deal with it. Nothing could make me move to any one of them, especially now that your political leaders embrace crime and have contempt for the police.

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m really fortunate to live in a place where we can leave everything unlocked & our things under the woodshed, like kayak, mowers, snowblowers, a backyard full of 3D targets etc and nothing is touched. But we are not originally from here and do still retain a lock it mentality, like the shop where the 5 bikes are & the house. But if we forget, we don't need to panic. 9 years and counting….

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
As a Firearms Instructor for the past 15 years, I taught Personal Protection courses, both inside and outside the home. One cardinal rule is never leave the safety of your home to confront anyone. You are placing yourself in extreme danger. Call 911 and hit the alarm button on your car's remote. It will definitely cause them to quickly exit the area. Our local police periodically post "Lock it lose it" reminders. Rarely are cars broken into. The vast majority of thefts are from vehicles that are left unlocked.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
This is the consequence of not enforcing the law. Here in NM, we supposedly voted to change the constritution to quit bail. So the cops arrest the criminal, and they are booked and released. Then they are often arrested again before their trial date. Then the judges let them off with a slap on the wrist.

If I confront a thief, I'm putting him in a very dangerous situation.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This is the consequence of not enforcing the law. Here in NM, we supposedly voted to change the constritution to quit bail. So the cops arrest the criminal, and they are booked and released. Then they are often arrested again before their trial date. Then the judges let them off with a slap on the wrist.

If I confront a thief, I'm putting him in a very dangerous situation.
Just be sure you know the laws governing use of deadly force in NM. Be aware that the only state in the US allowing use of deadly force for protection of property is Texas.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just be sure you know the laws governing use of deadly force in NM. Be aware that the only state in the US allowing use of deadly force for protection of property is Texas.
Not directly. You can, however, use nondeadly force to defend your property—and if the thief or vandal responds by threatening you with death or great bodily harm, you can then protect yourself with deadly force. So in practice, you can use deadly force to protect property after all, if you're willing to use nondeadly force first and expose yourself to increased risk.

I would hazard a guess that most of these idiots don't know the law, so if you show up with a pistol in your hand they're not gonna keep rummaging through your stuff, they're gonna run like hell.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Not directly. You can, however, use nondeadly force to defend your property—and if the thief or vandal responds by threatening you with death or great bodily harm, you can then protect yourself with deadly force. So in practice, you can use deadly force to protect property after all, if you're willing to use nondeadly force first and expose yourself to increased risk.

I would hazard a guess that most of these idiots don't know the law, so if you show up with a pistol in your hand they're not gonna keep rummaging through your stuff, they're gonna run like hell.
+1. And if it is taking place in my driveway it won’t be a pistol. It’ll be much more intimidating.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I was once told that dead crooks cannot defend themselves in court. Keep a few knives in the garage, and place one in the hands of the carcass.

"You were threatened with death or great bodily harm, so you can then protect yourself with deadly force".

Merry Christmas everyone. Brotherly love to all.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Or, if they are armed, you can end up in a shootout that could have been avoided. Two of the major items included in our training is awareness and avoidance. Based upon many years of experience, I can accurately state that the vast majority of gun owners have no training or experience and are clueless when it comes to tactical use of a firearm in a confrontation.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Or, if they are armed, you can end up in a shootout that could have been avoided. Two of the major items included in our training is awareness and avoidance. Based upon many years of experience, I can accurately state that the vast majority of gun owners have no training or experience and are clueless when it comes to tactical use of a firearm in a confrontation.
I don't disagree. That could describe many COPS as well. I'm basically a coward, especially when I'm armed. I've told my wife she should not count on me to confront anyone that calls her bad names. 🤣

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I don't disagree. That could describe many COPS as well. I'm basically a coward, especially when I'm armed. I've told my wife she should not count on me to confront anyone that calls her bad names. 🤣
You don't need firearm for that. A well placed knee should take care of it. Plus you'll add another soprano to the musical world.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
We generally don't worry too much about trespassing or B & E in my household so there's not much need for firearms or deadly force, however, for those that would like to try, these two clowns would be glad to explain what a huge mistake that would be.

Ford Bronco Sport Altruistic Neighbors IMG_6602
Ford Bronco Sport Altruistic Neighbors IMG_0821.JPG
Ford Bronco Sport Altruistic Neighbors IMG_5483
Ford Bronco Sport Altruistic Neighbors 19663BE4-AAB2-4240-AC23-E34F81A0848A
Sponsored

Last edited: