mothersuperior

Big Bend
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Taking my son to school this morning a van came down our windy, unmaintained, one-way road the wrong direction and we had our first accidental off road experience.

Unfortunately, the extra fancy rim was damaged, but maybe that is to be expected when intentionally going off-roading?

Ford Bronco Sport Accidental off-roading PXL_20210615_120656696

I was able to get the rock chips out from under the rim and it seems to be holding air. The vehicle handles fine so I'm confident that there's nothing wrong. It was very much louder than the camera picked up and I really expected the worst.

I haven't taken a vehicle into the wild since I was a teen in my '92 Explorer and have been considering trying beginner off-roading now that I have, basically, a nicer new replacement to that '92; though now I'm feeling gun shy.

Is accidentally mussing up your car an inevitably with off-roading? The Ford ads make it look so glamorous!
Sponsored

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
You should take it off-roading sometime. It’ll be fun, but make sure you get the right tires for the right terrain. The ones in the pics you posted are more for road and more solid type terrain. So, you can still do light off-roading but nothing too serious. Just have fun with it!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Taking my son to school this morning a van came down our windy, unmaintained, one-way road the wrong direction and we had our first accidental off road experience.

Unfortunately, the extra fancy rim was damaged, but maybe that is to be expected when intentionally going off-roading?

Ford Bronco Sport Accidental off-roading PXL_20210615_120656696

I was able to get the rock chips out from under the rim and it seems to be holding air. The vehicle handles fine so I'm confident that there's nothing wrong. It was very much louder than the camera picked up and I really expected the worst.

I haven't taken a vehicle into the wild since I was a teen in my '92 Explorer and have been considering trying beginner off-roading now that I have, basically, a nicer new replacement to that '92; though now I'm feeling gun shy.

Is accidentally mussing up your car an inevitably with off-roading? The Ford ads make it look so glamorous!
First scars of many wear them with pride.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Ouch ! , looks like you hit a Rock .
Sponsored