3D printed anything? Planning on it?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Starting this post to see if anyone designed anything useful for the BS to 3D print.

I've started to prototype a tow hook covers...will keep you guys posted how it's going.
Ford Bronco Sport 3D printed anything? Planning on it? IMG_20210608_182436

Ford Bronco Sport 3D printed anything? Planning on it? IMG_20210608_182449

Ford Bronco Sport 3D printed anything? Planning on it? IMG20210609055804
Sponsored

Attachments

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Starting this post to see if anyone designed anything useful for the BS to 3D print.

I've started to prototype a tow hook covers...will keep you guys posted how it's going.
Ford Bronco Sport 3D printed anything? Planning on it? IMG_20210608_182436

Ford Bronco Sport 3D printed anything? Planning on it? IMG_20210608_182449

Ford Bronco Sport 3D printed anything? Planning on it? IMG20210609055804
Great idea. That opening leads directly a major electric connection that has been discussed as a failure point due to water exposure. Looking forward to seeing these installed.

OP
OP
DISCOLEG

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Great idea. That opening leads directly a major electric connection that has been discussed as a failure point due to water exposure. Looking forward to seeing these installed.
v2 is printing now.
The plastic on the bumper is so thin....I'm going to think a way to use hooks as a main support, but that's going to be V3 or 4.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
How's the cover building going? Decent idea. Would love an update.

OP
OP
DISCOLEG

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How's the cover building going? Decent idea. Would love an update.
I'm on v8 or something :). I've been slacking a lot on that project. Covers do not look any different than on the picture earlier. Even when I had them on, water gets there from underneath. I packed all of the connectors with dielectric grease for now. Maybe a waterproof box around connector will be a better solution.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I've watched them work. Seeing Jay Leno craft an old mechanical part for templates was unreal. They scanned the broken piece, digitally fixed it and made a part to fabricate an exact fit.
Technology is leaving me so far behind, I'm beginning to look at these machines as gifts from the Gods.?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DISCOLEG

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I still can't wrap the concept around my lolhead.
Imagine putting down a layer of playdough in a x,y plane (flat). And when you have desired shape you move up to the next layer and lay another flat layer with a new (or same) shape. It's that simple.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Imagine putting down a layer of playdough in a x,y plane (flat). And when you have desired shape you move up to the next layer and lay another flat layer with a new (or same) shape. It's that simple.
lost me at X,Y...all kidding aside it's remarkable how they work. My son is in mechanical engineering and has a pretty good handle on the programs and has a few on his campus. I told him if he ever needed someone to sit and watch the generation...I could spend a few hours. It's oddly soothing.
Sponsored