33k for Base models

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Eh, the crook part was my dealer adding a warranty I didn't ask for and hoping I wouldn't notice. What we have here is supply and demand -- I'd raise prices too under the circumstances.
This is like the industry-wide tactic these days. I swear it’s the same no matter which brand you buy or which dealership, they all follow the same tired script. Even the good dealerships don’t vary much from the playbook. None want to talk specific numbers and dance around that discussion until they can start presenting you with payment amounts. Way better if you’re paying cash or have outside financing and can just write them a check. I went through the whole song and dance buying my Sport last week. I knew pricing going into it since I ordered last December. But you still have to talk to the finance-guy robot who can’t have a functionally competent discussion when you pull him off-script.

(Biggest crooks are the money-printers debasing the dollar.)
Truth.
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
They did the same thing with base models at my local dealer. Throwing a lift and some aftermarket wheels and tires and jacking up the prices 6200 bucks...

$5000 for the lift because the warranty “runs in line with the factory warranty”

insane...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm so tired of the "market demands and commands" crap. I grew up with values that you work for what you need, and you handle others with respect. Jacking prices to extreme costs doesn't increase the value, it inflates the buyer market and people get screwed. As the market corrects a badlands will go for sticker and those who paid more for a base are screwed.

OP
OP
69cuda340s

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Months ago when I did Build and Price and requested quotes online from four local dealers. Three of the dealers were happy to provide quote and offered to order a BS for me. The other dealer, who is now trying to rip off customers as seen in this thread, refused to provide quote and refused to order. Their position was buy something we have on the lot of get lost.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Months ago when I did Build and Price and requested quotes online from four local dealers. Three of the dealers were happy to provide quote and offered to order a BS for me. The other dealer, who is now trying to rip off customers as seen in this thread, refused to provide quote and refused to order. Their position was buy something we have on the lot of get lost.
hard to believe dealers like that stay in business particularly in this internet driven world today where you can click and view multiple options.

lmmila625

Outer Banks
First Name
Linsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I posted my experience yesterday. Drove an hour to an out of state dealer after corredapodinf for 3 hours about an OB + OB and upon arrival was met with “oh yeah we selling it for 43 instead of 37 BTW” needless to say I was pissed I wasted my time and walked out. It’s really disheartening. I get they are popular and there is a shortage but at least be up front with people about it.

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Local dealer to me taking Base models, putting on bigger tires and lift kits, and asking 33k plus title, taxes, tags, fees:

https://www.koonsfordbaltimore.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=Bronco+Sport&gvBodyStyle=SUV

And over sticker for everything else they have. Trying to screw over customers due to car shortage.
I have an OB and wanted a small lift on it. My mechanics said to wait since the only kit they have for the Bronco Sport right now is junk. Wonder what shitty lift they are putting on these Broncos? I have read that with the suspension who cannot put just any old lift on these without screwing with the performance. 33K for a base is robbery.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Current lift options are not good, best to wait, or hold out for a Badlands that has a bit of a lift vs. the other trims plus the larger 2.0L engine. It’s too bad these dealers are marking up the Sports so badly. $33K for a Base is criminal. I paid $37K for a fully loaded Badlands... I realize it was a different situation when I ordered last December, but still I would never pay over MSRP for any vehicle. Ever.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Eh, the crook part was my dealer adding a warranty I didn't ask for and hoping I wouldn't notice. What we have here is supply and demand -- I'd raise prices too under the circumstances.

(Biggest crooks are the money-printers debasing the dollar.)
Cancelled my extended warranty today. Was told I needed it to get interest rate. Dealer did not use Ford for loan or ext. warranty.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have an OB and wanted a small lift on it. My mechanics said to wait since the only kit they have for the Bronco Sport right now is junk. Wonder what shitty lift they are putting on these Broncos? I have read that with the suspension who cannot put just any old lift on these without screwing with the performance. 33K for a base is robbery.
I did some research on the kits the dealers were putting on the lifted Bronco Sports on their lot. They send them to a 3rd party shop and they have the rough country kits installed... HA. No thank you
Sponsored