henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I was told by a dealer that there's additional $3,000 above MSRP for special order for bronco sport. Any thoughts?

Update: So after few hours I got a call back from the dealer and they are "waiving" the $3,000 fee
Sponsored

Last edited:

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I was told by a dealer that there's additional $3,000 above MSRP for special order for bronco sport. Any thoughts?

Update: So after few hours I got a call back from the dealer and they are "waiving" the $3,000 fee
Don't walk, run away from that place.

Stangman66

Big Bend
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order 2021 Bronco Sport
Definitely find a better Ford dealer, they are not selling as well as Ford claims and no one should pay a dealer mark up! Ford is claiming 13 days average lot time for Bronco Sports, I call BS. My dealer one of the largest in Michigan told me they are not selling as fast as Ford claims. Plus I have Big Bend that was ordered 2/8 and won’t be be built until 5/10? That is messed up! Something is not right at the plant. Lucky I tagged a dealer ordered unit nearly identical to what I ordered. It’s scheduled to arrive April so hopefully it actually shows up!

OP
OP

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Definitely find a better Ford dealer, they are not selling as well as Ford claims and no one should pay a dealer mark up! Ford is claiming 13 days average lot time for Bronco Sports, I call BS. My dealer one of the largest in Michigan told me they are not selling as fast as Ford claims. Plus I have Big Bend that was ordered 2/8 and won’t be be built until 5/10? That is messed up! Something is not right at the plant. Lucky I tagged a dealer ordered unit nearly identical to what I ordered. It’s scheduled to arrive April so hopefully it actually shows up!
I'm planning to do the same. Since it looks like it's taking a long time for the orders I'll just find a dealer that has stock that's same to what I want

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ford The company made pretty close to $7k on my B S Base, the dealer portion of that around $2400 In true profit dollars.
The Salesman gets a Salary and made if he's lucky $100 commission on my sale.
On a $70,000 pickup truck $30k in profit.
They charge all the market can bare, always.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There are definitely hidden mfr-to-dealer incentives (for a variety of things related to sales performance, etc.), cost-sharing, I'd guess profit-sharing in some form if by some other name. "My" dealer is advertising below invoice (though they aren't saying so). The true mfr cost of vehicles is amazing, if you had to build it buying the parts yourself you'd be bankrupt. Tell you what though, if they weren't so very profitable we would never have these things to own and drive. Did you know, a common if not standard retail sales markup in durable medical equipment is +50%? Who wants to pay $45K for that Sport -- or $60K for a First Edition? So, it could be a lot worse... and I'm more wary of the dealers (maybe since that's all I can do anything about anyway).

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Definitely not a honest Dealership. I would run far away to a different dealer as I assure you, despite "waiving" the $3k markup, they will try to jack up the price in other fee's, trade-in math tricks and whatnot.

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
If you order one it's MSRP or less but if a dealer gets their hands on one then the sky's the limit.
Peoria Ford in Peoria, AZ had a Badlands (not even an FE) MSRP $38,565.00 see the attached article. Remember the FE is limited to a production run of 2000 and will never be produced again.
My wife took delivery of one of the first BS FE's in Houston back on December 10th of last year.
Sponsored

Attachments