jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
So this is probably not a surprise, but I couldn't find anything confirming it before I bought the 5th tire:

A 235/65/r17 spare fits in the compartment aired up and on the rim. It also doesn't lift up the cover/cargo floor any further (assuming you're already using the upper setting for the full size spare).

It's tight, and I really don't think a 245 would actually fit fully mounted and aired up (probably does flat).

At any rate, I thought that info might help someone. I was surprised at how little info there was confirming that that works without doing anything special.

I'll post pictures in a bit to show the fit. On a side note, I have new Toyo Open Country AT3's that I'm super happy with and a true full size spare!
Sponsored

ImdaJesus

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So this is probably not a surprise, but I couldn't find anything confirming it before I bought the 5th tire:

A 235/65/r17 spare fits in the compartment aired up and on the rim. It also doesn't lift up the cover/cargo floor any further (assuming you're already using the upper setting for the full size spare).

It's tight, and I really don't think a 245 would actually fit fully mounted and aired up (probably does flat).

At any rate, I thought that info might help someone. I was surprised at how little info there was confirming that that works without doing anything special.

I'll post pictures in a bit to show the fit. On a side note, I have new Toyo Open Country AT3's that I'm super happy with and a true full size spare!
Nice ! Thank you for that!!

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

235's are an option on Badlands, so not a surprise that the full size spare fits. Anything bigger probably won't.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Few months back someone got a 245 but there was a little gap I believe. I also pulled everything from there and now use the spare area for storage, compressor and tank while my spare is mounted to the roof

OP
OP
jofer

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
235's are an option on Badlands, so not a surprise that the full size spare fits.
Yeah, not a surprise, but given that the 235's don't come with a 235 spare, I was worried that the size of the spare compartment might have been the reason for the difference. (It's still a 225/65/r17 Pirelli Scorpion spare even when you get the optional Falken Wildpeaks).

Few months back someone got a 245 but there was a little gap I believe.
If it's the post I'm thinking of, that didn't show the cargo floor above it, just the tire off the rim sitting in the compartment. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/245-65r17-tire-fits-in-spare-compartment.2659/ The width works based on the photo (even aired up, from the comments), but what about the height? An extra 10mm means the cargo floor would flat out be resting on the spare tire and both ride higher and might be wobbly.

That's what I was worried about, at any rate. Would be nice to do 245's, otherwise, though... I just don't want to have the tire on the roof full-time due to parking garage clearance, and don't want to have a "wobbly" cargo floor.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah, not a surprise, but given that the 235's don't come with a 235 spare, I was worried that the size of the spare compartment might have been the reason for the difference. (It's still a 225/65/r17 Pirelli Scorpion spare even when you get the optional Falken Wildpeaks).
I noticed the same thing. Good to have confirmation on a 235 tread-width / 65 R17 fitment in the spare tire well.
Sponsored