2023 Offroading with the 1.5 ecoboost

Sheepdog4119

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi! New to this forum and the Bronco fam. Just got a 2023 bronco sport heritage w/ 1.5 ecoboost. Thought it would handle lite trails and some off-roading. Anyone have some results they'd like to share? I know its not gonna match the 2.0 4cyl
Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Depends on what you call lite trails but it'll probably do just fine. Took ours out on a whim with a small group. Bone stock and it kept up just fine with a Badlands and a lifted Big Bend. Sharp rock put a small hole in the crappy stock tires I had to patch the next day but otherwise fine.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Offroading with the 1.5 ecoboost IMG_20230408_133900926_HDR

OP
OP

Sheepdog4119

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice!!! Thank you for that info. I'm even more excited now to break it in.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hi! New to this forum and the Bronco fam. Just got a 2023 bronco sport heritage w/ 1.5 ecoboost. Thought it would handle lite trails and some off-roading. Anyone have some results they'd like to share? I know its not gonna match the 2.0 4cyl
The video below shows a Big Bend owner with a 1.5" lift driving through an off-road test course. Looks like it does pretty well to me.

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
OK - I know this sounds a little nutty, but I bought my BSOB because I fell in love with it at first sight. I probably spend more time shining it up and otherwise making it look pretty, than I do driving it. It stays in the garage on rainy days. It will probably never go off road unless the GPS leads me astray.

OP
OP

Sheepdog4119

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
OK - I know this sounds a little nutty, but I bought my BSOB because I fell in love with it at first sight. I probably spend more time shining it up and otherwise making it look pretty, than I do driving it. It stays in the garage on rainy days. It will probably never go off road unless the GPS leads me astray.
Not at all. I love driving it in the city. It just has authority. It turns heads more than i do. 🤣🤣. However, went out to eat last night and a full size bronco had to park next to me. Authority was gone for a moment.

OP
OP

Sheepdog4119

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The video below shows a Big Bend owner with a 1.5" lift driving through an off-road test course. Looks like it does pretty well to me.

What a great vid. Thats what i wanted to see. Now I'm Itching to put a lift kit and larger tires lol! My wife is calling me a broncoholic 🤣

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What a great vid. Thats what i wanted to see. Now I'm Itching to put a lift kit and larger tires lol! My wife is calling me a broncoholic 🤣
Mine just calls me a BSer …. I’m sure it’s ONLY because I own a Bronco Sport. :giggle:

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Me too!

OP
OP

Sheepdog4119

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've noticed that whenever i go to a store or resturant...when i come out there's a bronco sport parked next to me. Lol. Yesterday it was a full sized bronco. Is that a thing in the bronco community?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've noticed that whenever i go to a store or resturant...when i come out there's a bronco sport parked next to me. Lol. Yesterday it was a full sized bronco. Is that a thing in the bronco community?
Don't know. I'm in NC where they still seem to be a rarity.😥

LV2ROAM

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Depends on what you call lite trails but it'll probably do just fine. Took ours out on a whim with a small group. Bone stock and it kept up just fine with a Badlands and a lifted Big Bend. Sharp rock put a small hole in the crappy stock tires I had to patch the next day but otherwise fine.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Offroading with the 1.5 ecoboost IMG_20230408_133900926_HDR
What was you using as your spare?

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
What was you using as your spare?
I have the "full size" spare that comes with the tow package, but I didn't need it. Small enough hole that I was able to make it home. Running about 15 psi in it by the time I got there but it made it without swapping it.
Sponsored