OP
Dude

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I saw video of that happening to full size Broncos in Detroit but you were told that also happened to Bronco Sports?
Sponsored

Davewied

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Bronco Sport, Maverick, and Transit connect.

I also work with an international truck dealer and they were having similar issues with the batteries and steps that cover the battery box being stolen. The manufacturer was shipping them missing these items.

Davewied

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m just curious if this is true, did the factory harness get replaced, or did they just try to repair it? I donā€™t like the idea of splicing factory cables.

mpc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
https://fordauthority.com/2024/02/2021-ford-bronco-sport-issue-spurs-nhtsa-investigation/

In my opinion, investigation should be expanded for all ā€˜21-ā€˜24 models and for any of the factory installed batteries (perhaps even after-market batteries too). The failure in the NHTSA investigation has occurred for these models. Not all owners experience the issue.
Thanks for posting this information. I have had 4 different times where my car wouldn't start and I was stranded and have been told it was the battery, then the battery cable and now they don't know. The last time the car completely shut off while driving with my child in the car - not cool and not safe.

OP
OP
Dude

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this information. I have had 4 different times where my car wouldn't start and I was stranded and have been told it was the battery, then the battery cable and now they don't know. The last time the car completely shut off while driving with my child in the car - not cool and not safe.
Thatā€™s not good at all. Is Ford taking action to address the issue?

mpc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thatā€™s not good at all. Is Ford taking action to address the issue?
I have log a claim with them to buy it back as I just feel unsafe in it but I think the process is going to be slow.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I saw video of that happening to full size Broncos in Detroit but you were told that also happened to Bronco Sports?
Detroit ? Surprised they didn't just take the entire car.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport