2.0l engine exhausted commodity

Bt_okst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco sport obx
Going to be hard getting a Badlands built. This weeks scheduling abd commodity bulletin.

Ford Bronco Sport 2.0l engine exhausted commodity Ford Scheduling Notes - 2.26.24-1
Sponsored

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Is there a reason why Ford is still having problems getting their production back up to snuff? It seems like all the other automakers have.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Going to be hard getting a Badlands built. This weeks scheduling abd commodity bulletin.

Ford Bronco Sport 2.0l engine exhausted commodity Ford Scheduling Notes - 2.26.24-1
I believe they are allocating the 2.0 l production to the Maverick in order to catch up on demand. Unscheduled BS retail orders are low, while unscheduled retail Maverick orders are very high. Source: Long MacArthur weekly YouTube live podcasts. They break out Scheduling as a separate video also.
Production selection of orders and scheduling is based on dealer allocations, and part availability.

Bronco Sport scheduling info starts at 9:18 in the video.
249 unscheduled retail Bronco Sport orders in the Order Banks.

14,302 unscheduled retail Maverick orders in the Order Banks.

My comment: that's a very low demand for the Bronco Sport.

Last edited:

Cjdicesare

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Lincoln MKC
I believe they are allocating the 2.0 l production to the Maverick in order to catch up on demand. Unscheduled BS retail orders are low, while unscheduled retail Maverick orders are very high. Source: Long MacArthur weekly YouTube live podcasts. They break out Scheduling as a separate video also.
Production selection of orders and scheduling is based on dealer allocations, and part availability.

You are right which surprises me because Iā€™m seeing them all around me now that I have one and notice. I was one of the Maverick guys waiting first on an XLT, then a Lariat then the Lariat Termor. Finally I just said screw it Iā€™ll get something else. Iā€™m pretty pleased with the Bronco Sport even if I did not buy the Badlands. Will I still get a Maverick? Maybe far down the line when they are in the lot, but I can see me in Bronco and Bronco Sports for a while.

But back to what I said on my 30 minute drive home this morning I probably saw 8 or 9 Bronco Sports.

OP
OP
Bt_okst

Bt_okst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco sport obx

Its not low demand for bronco sports, as they are everywhere and are selling very well. They've been mass produced and dealers have selection so there is no need to order one. I found exactly what I wanted on my dealer's lot. He had 17 to chose from.

The mavericks have never caught up from their initial retail orders onslaught, so there's never been any on dealer lots to chose from.

So yes, Ford's trying to catch on Maverick orders, but not because there is little demand for Bronco sports.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its not low demand for bronco sports, as they are everywhere and are selling very well. They've been mass produced and dealers have selection so there is no need to order one. I found exactly what I wanted on my dealer's lot. He had 17 to chose from.

The mavericks have never caught up from their initial retail orders onslaught, so there's never been any on dealer lots to chose from.

So yes, Ford's trying to catch on Maverick orders, but not because there is little demand for Bronco sports.
Capacity is about 12-13,000 Bronco Sports/month and similar quantity of Mavericks. Yet Ford plans on building only about 3-4000 BS in March. That info was in an earlier video from Long MacArthur.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Capacity is about 12-13,000 Bronco Sports/month and similar quantity of Mavericks. Yet Ford plans on building only about 3-4000 BS in March. That info was in an earlier video from Long MacArthur.
I think it's quite possible that Ford bumped prices too far on the Bronco Sports. When the Bronco Sport started selling at well above MSRP during the pandemic shortage I think Ford may have assumed it had miscalculated on what the market would bear pricing wise. The pendulum may have swung to the other side.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's quite possible that Ford bumped prices too far on the Bronco Sports. When the Bronco Sport started selling at well above MSRP during the pandemic shortage I think Ford may have assumed it had miscalculated on what the market would bear pricing wise. The pendulum may have swung to the other side.
There was a suggestion that Ford would move to Job 2 on Bronco Sport production. Job 2 is a mid- model year change. I could see one change coming: With discontinuation of the Falken AT3W, Ford has to eliminate that AT tire option or offer an alternative AT tire. That may require retesting for EPA mileage, with a heavier tire, which can drop fuel mileage by a couple miles per gallon.

hellb0y

Big Bend
First Name
Hellish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
Demand for the 2.0 is extremely lowā€¦.Ford sells
more Tremor than Badlands, so makes sense.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My Maverick Lariat with the 2.0 EB is scheduled for the week of March 18th. Doesnā€™t appear to be a shortage of 2.0 EB there. On a side noteā€¦
I also own a 2021 BSBL with the 2.0 EB. I guess Iā€™m hogging that engine.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
This. Go check any dealer lot. There is a ton of Sports. Now that the overall market shifted towards buyers, the production schedule for dealer orders was probably too high at the price point Ford intended towards the end of last year. Now they are having to bust out incentives and dealer discounts to reduce this situation. Thus, they are tapping the brakes on retail orders by diverting commodities like the 2.0L engine and "exhausting" the BB conv. package and the OB tech package. In other words, we will only build you a base BB or OB that you can already find on any Ford lot in North America. Thus, unscheduled retail orders are down to nearly 0. Why would anyone order that?

RDS40

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer
Demand for the 2.0 is extremely lowā€¦.Ford sells
more Tremor than Badlands, so makes sense.
Low because you can't get them. When first released they were an option. Now only the top of the line has them.

For that reason I'm dropping the idea of a BS in May when the lease is up.
Sponsored