Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Took a trip around three ghost towns in western OK
Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport cogar, gotebo 073
and Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge yesterday. Last good day before the deep freeze hits. One of my obligatory photo spots is the old Kelly Store in Cogar, OK. It closed in 1980 and is remarkably preserved with the original gas pumps. I think I posted a pic of my 21 Badlands here. There is a place just a couple of miles down the road you can jump in the middle of a 90+ mile adventure trail. Called the Sugar Creek Loop, some YouTube vids on it. But, late in the day and I knew it would be muddy down there. Guess we will have to do that another day. Check out that Eruption Green in sunlight!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Meers Mining Camp.
The LIl Green Bronco takes us on a tour of some western Oklahoma ghost towns. This old store, now a burger joint, was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 as the Meers Mining Camp. It is the only structure remaining of the local gold rush days. Built in 1901 and was the Meers Post Office until 1989.

Spanish explorers first started looking for gold in the Wichita Mountains in the sixteenth century. A couple of their crude arrastras remain unmarked in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. There was no gold in the Wichitas. Greed, fraud and myth fueled the short-lived gold rush.

Ford Bronco Sport Post the best photos you've got of your Bronco Sport cogar, gotebo 039