Storage bin behind touch screen?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Might spring for this dash storage bin to keep sunglasses, etc. and curious if anyone else has experience with it?
Clever idea but I think that location is 'inconvenient' for short-term doodad storage, and long-term I worry about stuff baking in the sun.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
People on the FB group rave about it and sell it out quickly (but it restocks). You wouldn't catch me leaving thief bait right there in obvious view. There is a really shallow tray there what would hold a parking pass already. I wouldn't try to drive with a phone balanced there though. Every Bronco already has a phone cubby and a glasses holder.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I purchased one of these, Amazon ASIN B09CG74SW5 (( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CG74SW5 )).

Initial impression: WTF?!, no adhesive supplied to keep it in place, but an obvious space in the underside of the mold for an adhesive strip.

Second impression, Experiment: 3M Command® 17206B-ES "Picture Hanging Strips" for "Bath and wet-area applications" when stacked-together (they're a bit like mushroom shaped Velcro) work, but are about 2x thicker in total than the cutout accepts, which means the organizer now stands proud of the underlying "shelf" surface.

I haven't decided what type of adhesive to use long-term, may try a single-ply 3M Command strip at some point. Having the ability to cleanly and/or temporarily remove the organizer is possibly desirable, given it might obstruct maintenance of center-stack equipment. That takes the preferred adhesive (3M VHB foam strips) out of the running. :)

My particular use-case is as a location to stash sunglasses briefly (not in overhead tip-down holder), and a place to put my RF challenge-response toll-tag during the infrequent times I drive toll-lane.

OP
OP
HotChicken

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Awesome, thanks for the update. How does it look, in your opinion?

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I purchased one of these, Amazon ASIN B09CG74SW5 (( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CG74SW5 )).

Initial impression: WTF?!, no adhesive supplied to keep it in place, but an obvious space in the underside of the mold for an adhesive strip.

Second impression, Experiment: 3M Command® 17206B-ES "Picture Hanging Strips" for "Bath and wet-area applications" when stacked-together (they're a bit like mushroom shaped Velcro) work, but are about 2x thicker in total than the cutout accepts, which means the organizer now stands proud of the underlying "shelf" surface.

I haven't decided what type of adhesive to use long-term, may try a single-ply 3M Command strip at some point. Having the ability to cleanly and/or temporarily remove the organizer is possibly desirable, given it might obstruct maintenance of center-stack equipment. That takes the preferred adhesive (3M VHB foam strips) out of the running. :)

My particular use-case is as a location to stash sunglasses briefly (not in overhead tip-down holder), and a place to put my RF challenge-response toll-tag during the infrequent times I drive toll-lane.
Pics or it didn't happen

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I bought this piece off Amazon and it's a good fit.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I bought one, it came with what looked like double sided body side molding tape you can get from auto parts store. I put tape in indentation on underside of tray and pushed it into place. Did not seem to stick too well in place. My wife said she heard rattle going through parking garage today and she put hand on tray and rattle stopped. Would like to find a way to get it to hold in place a little better.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My wife bought one off FB, and we've had it about 6-months. It's useful for temp storage for cheaters (eye glasses), and to elevate cell phones for better reception.
The fit is perfect, but there is NO adhesion.
It slips in vigorous driving (and can be a projectile in aggressive situations). It does stay-put under normal driving scenarios.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I used a couple pieces of dollar store double sided foam tape. Doesn't make a sound. That stuff sticks like mad too, I tried pulling on it to see how secure it was and decided I should stop before I broke it. I believe 3m also makes this.

I keep my sunglasses there, worried that anything else I leave there will eventually get cooked by the sun.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I just don’t carry that much stuff to need it. I like the inside of my vehicles to look clean and uncluttered.
Sponsored