Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
Picked up my outer banks yesterday. Coming from a pretty base F-150, I’m enjoying the creature comforts so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Canada 9F8F6569-FD75-4F15-8EFD-27767F120F90
More Canadians! You guys got some pretty easy snow dumps this year, in Winnipeg. A few of my buddies are complaining about it already!

OP
OP
cdnaxemurderer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
More Canadians! You guys got some pretty easy snow dumps this year, in Winnipeg. A few of my buddies are complaining about it already!
Haha yeah I’m in Winnipeg and we just got our first big snowfall. I only complain about the shoveling ?

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha yeah I’m in Winnipeg and we just got our first big snowfall. I only complain about the shoveling ?
How's the BS handling the snow and cold, and what kind of tires are you running?

I went with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws at the stock size of 225/65R17. Interested to see what others are getting away with for winter in Canada.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Welcome.

OP
OP
cdnaxemurderer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How's the BS handling the snow and cold, and what kind of tires are you running?

I went with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws at the stock size of 225/65R17. Interested to see what others are getting away with for winter in Canada.
I had some all weather Goodyears installed on the factory 18s. First time not using a dedicated winter tire so we’ll see how they do. I was out in some really icy conditions yesterday and it did pretty well. Temps are too mild to comment on how it handles really cold weather but I’m already loving the heated seats/steering wheel.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had some all weather Goodyears installed on the factory 18s. First time not using a dedicated winter tire so we’ll see how they do. I was out in some really icy conditions yesterday and it did pretty well. Temps are too mild to comment on how it handles really cold weather but I’m already loving the heated seats/steering wheel.
I'm pretty mad that I didn't wait for an OB to pop up - the BB only has heated seats. Scheduling a start 15 minutes early through FordPass is coming in clutch so far though.

We're dipping to nearly -5 at night, sticking around 5 during the day.

OP
OP
cdnaxemurderer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm pretty mad that I didn't wait for an OB to pop up - the BB only has heated seats. Scheduling a start 15 minutes early through FordPass is coming in clutch so far though.

We're dipping to nearly -5 at night, sticking around 5 during the day.
That’s around the temps we’re at right now too. We’ll see how it survives the -30 cold streaks. I initially tried out a BB and it was nice, I just couldn’t handle getting a black vehicle again. Tried out a red OB, it sold the next day so I went for the A51. Looks like we both came from white F-150s!

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s around the temps we’re at right now too. We’ll see how it survives the -30 cold streaks. I initially tried out a BB and it was nice, I just couldn’t handle getting a black vehicle again. Tried out a red OB, it sold the next day so I went for the A51. Looks like we both came from white F-150s!
I'm already missing my truck, but only because someone bought it and is driving it around like an absolute asshat now. They even put stickers on the rear window, wah!

We'll see how well this move works out for me. I'm already planning to trade it in within 3-5 years, I just want EV or hybrid technology to mature a bit more. A hybrid Bronco (I think it's the 3.0L) would be the ultimate vehicle for me.

OP
OP
cdnaxemurderer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm already missing my truck, but only because someone bought it and is driving it around like an absolute asshat now. They even put stickers on the rear window, wah!

We'll see how well this move works out for me. I'm already planning to trade it in within 3-5 years, I just want EV or hybrid technology to mature a bit more. A hybrid Bronco (I think it's the 3.0L) would be the ultimate vehicle for me.
I had no problems with my truck, it was good to me, but it was hard to refuse the trade in offer they gave me. I’ll miss some things for sure (not the fuel economy). I plan to go EV next also.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Picked up my outer banks yesterday. Coming from a pretty base F-150, I’m enjoying the creature comforts so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Hello from Canada 9F8F6569-FD75-4F15-8EFD-27767F120F90
Welcome fellow Winnipegger. Looks real good. Did you special order it?…I came from an f150 too… not missing it at all. After the last snowfall this little bronco will do just fine!

OP
OP
cdnaxemurderer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Welcome fellow Winnipegger. Looks real good. Did you special order it?…I came from an f150 too… not missing it at all. After the last snowfall this little bronco will do just fine!
Thanks! Nice to see some locals here. No special order, it was sitting on the lot with a couple of others. I missed out on a red outer banks by 1 day but it all worked out.