fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Valve body , interesting , well you did say it was slipping, but I would think more in line with theTorque Converter , but its hard to tell . The Valve Body can be removed with to pulling the Transmission, Torque converter , the tranny would need to be pulled , so they may be going after the easy approach or Ford advised or Mechanic knows something about these newer Transmissions . I can't wait to hear about the fix . Got my fingers crossed for ya .
Sponsored

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
Valve body , interesting , well you did say it was slipping, but I would think more in line with theTorque Converter , but its hard to tell . The Valve Body can be removed with to pulling the Transmission, Torque converter , the tranny would need to be pulled , so they may be going after the easy approach or Ford advised or Mechanic knows something about these newer Transmissions . I can't wait to hear about the fix . Got my fingers crossed for ya .
Thank you!! She got this response at the end of the day. I am hopeful we can get it back by the end of the week.

I’m not sure if it is better that the valve body was bad and not the transmission, or visa versa. I am also very interested to see what they can tell us, as far as a cause.

From the little searching I have done so far, I have read valve body’s are a common component that fails.

What also concerns me is, whether the transmission was damaged as well, and are they just throwing a bandaid on it for us to have future issues..??

Ford Bronco Sport SERIOUSLY???? 851 miles and this?? D367B601-9A70-44DC-82B4-314799EEA2FA

Last edited:
OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update ?
I think it was last Wednesday they told her it was estimated to be done in1-3 days. Haven’t heard anything since.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so it wasn't the Valve Body ?

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so it wasn't the Valve Body ?
They said it was the valve body. I think he told her they want to drive it a little to make sure it is good to go. She will probably talk to him today. Ironically, I will be there Friday morning to drop off a work vehicle. Hopefully we get it back before the.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked like no tranny fluid pressure to the Torque Converter Clutches , it had to be stuck closed or restricted & its why the Tranny was slipping , the damaged Separator Plate ? May have had something to do with it or was damaged because of the stuck Valve ( high oil pressure separation, laminated Plate like some gaskets ? ), hard to say which or what, I'm not familiar with these new Transmissions . As long as it good to go & your back driving your BS .

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked like no tranny fluid pressure to the Torque Converter Clutches , it had to be stuck closed or restricted & its why the Tranny was slipping , the damaged Separator Plate ? May have had something to do with it or was damaged because of the stuck Valve ( high oil pressure separation, laminated Plate like some gaskets ? ), hard to say which or what, I'm not familiar with these new Transmissions . As long as it good to go & your back driving your BS .
Yeah, i am not very knowledgeable about transmissions. Like you said, as long as it is gtg, we are happy… For Now.

I am pretty sure she will lose her mind if a check engine light comes back on. ?

Getting it back and being reminded of all the cool features it has put a big smile on her face.

Last edited:

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Valve Body == Hydraulic Logic layer.

The 8F35 transmission has a mix of electronic and hydraulic control/computing running it.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Valve Body == Hydraulic Logic layer.

The 8F35 transmission has a mix of electronic and hydraulic control/computing running it.
Is that good or bad?

I am not seeing others having issues with this setup, which leads me to think we just had bad luck.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No judgement. Just explaining what that layer of the transmission "does". :)
Oh, okay. Thank you

At this point I have been able to calm down a bit. I am curious to see what Ford decides to do with the Bronco in the next couple of years

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a video of the disassembly of a 10 speed 10R80 Transmission, not sure if it is what is used in the BS , but most likely a Mustang , but it gives you an idea of how complex these tranny's have become in some ways . I didn't get any sound , but they label stuff .
At 48 min. he disassembles the Valve Body . The black gasket looking thing may be the Separator Plate .

Sponsored

Last edited: